Chapter X: The Manager and The Pizza Guy

Amethyst:

I checked my phone. My battery is almost drained. Riley asked me to slap him in the face just to make sure that everything that had happened five minutes earlier was real.

Unfortunately (for him) and fortunately (for me), it was real.

It all happened so fast. A bald man came up to us and ask us if we happen to see Logan. Riley was about to say yes but I cut him off.

"What? No, why would Logan be here in the first place? Besides, he has a birthday celebration right?" I said and asked at the same time.

"O-of course sweetie, what was I thinking?!" He told himself, he was about to walk away but he turned and ccontinued, "Are you going to attend? Kindly tell the other guests that Logan is well, sick. He's having a terrible fever. The party might be delayed though. I'm Felix Buller by the way, his manager."

No way! This is The Felix Buller? He looked creepier and odder in person. He offered his hand and I shook it. Afterwards, he left and Riley and I stared at each other blankly.

"Let me guess. Logan stole my motorcycle and I am about to lose my job. Afterwards, some random manager came and now, asking you to lie to everyone that Logan is sick well infact, he is the one having the time of his life... With my motorcycle! Ugh, what have I done?!" He spoke in a tone quite higher than I was expecting.

Terrible. I felt so terrible. Not for me, but for him. I thought of other things to say like, "correction, that was Pizza Hut's motorcycle, not yours.", but I don't think that will lighten up his mood. Instead, I said, "Sorry, this is all my fault. I gave him the helmet and now I hate myself and I hate him for doing that!" True, it was my fault but the 'hate him' part was partly a lie.

"You do?" He asked, and gave me a weak smile. I nodded.

"What are you planning to do now?" He asked again.

I am not really sure. I can't just leave him like this, but if I won't attend the party, I better go home instead. Besides, it has been a rough night, and Logan, my supposedly perfect night with Logan was ruined. And it is all because of him. Now, I'm starting to hate him.

"I'll go home. How about you?" I said, then asked Riley.

"Maybe I'll try to find the motorcycle." He said. I wanted to come with him but something's holding me back. After what had happened, I do not know if I want to see Logan again. Riley, an innocent guy would lose his job because of him. Just like that, I was able to come up with a decision.

"Guess this means goodbye, hope you find him, I mean, the motorcycle." I told Riley and waved a hand at me.

"Do you want me to take you home?" He asked but I hesitated.

"I can manage, go look for you motorcycle." I replied and shot him a smile. He smiled back. Afterwards, I turned around and walked in the busy streets of NYC.

I walked and walked until I heard my stomach make a sound. Not now, I said to myself. I'm starving. I should've joined Riley in his search for his motorcycle. Being alone had never been my thing. At first, it seems nice but the farther you go, you will realize that you need someone to be with, someone to converse with or someone to cuddle with. I looked around. I saw children running around in the playground. At the left side of the street, I saw a group of friends dancing and a lot of people were watching them. At my right, I saw a fast-food restaurant, Burger King. Finally, something to eat! I was about to head inside when something caught my attention. Why is a Pizza Hut motorcycle parked in a Burger King diner? I asked myself eventhough I already know the answer. Logan Princeton, you are so busted!