Chapter VI: Tagging Along

Amethyst:

NYC, is the place to be says the billboard 15 feet above us.

Riley dropped me off here in a 5-star NYC Hotel & Casino. I was about to head inside when I heard Riley muttered something.

"Thank you so much." Riley told himself, again, making fun of me.

"I was just checking if it's open. Anyway, really, thank you and I don't actually know how to repay you... maybe in school or..." I said as an excuse but he trailed me off.

"I'll come with you, just to see if you'll be fine there inside." He uttered while pointing at the entrance.

"No, just please go home." I ordered him; unfortunately, he just gave me a smirk and said, "What if there are a bunch of gangsters inside that hotel? Or some cannibal?"

"That will be weirdest to ever occur in a 5-star hotel. Fine, you're coming with me but be sure to leave right away." I said irritably.

Despite the fact that Riley is coming with me, I can still feel the pang of excitement. This is it. I am finally having the time of my life. See you in a bit, seventeen year old heartthrob, Logan Princeton.

I told Riley that I will just wait outside while he park the motorcycle. However, he hesitated. He abnormally thinks that I am going to fool him and leave him alone so I tag along with him. The streetlights are switched off. Five meters away from us, I saw a silhouette which caused me to rapidly grabbed Riley's arm to catch his attention.

Is this some kind of a horror scene where some random ghost appear in a dark parking lot? I hope not. I closed my eyes and held Riley's arm tighter.

☆☆☆☆☆☆