Chapter I: The Shoutout

Amethyst:

I was pacing back and forth. I had a fight with Ben, my best friend. He wanted me to go to the winter formal with him. I can't believe it. With all those people staring at me when he asked me, I was forced to say "yes". When they left, I told him the truth that I wasn't planning to go with him. Though, to be honest, I wasn't even planning to attend the event itself. Besides, I'd rather watch my favorite actor's new television commercial. But then, after what I did, I can't stop worrying about him.

All of a sudden, the phone rang.

Part of me was so sluggish to answer because it would just probably be Ms. Gianna, my mom's friend who calls every night and converse with my mom about how happy she was that she's finally getting married. She asks for mom's help in everything, from the cake, the hair to the color of the bridesmaid's gown. I really felt like mom had been spending more time on the phone than me, her daughter who is in need of attention.

But then, despite the odd thought, I felt my hand, involuntarily reaching for the phone.

"Hi, may I speak with Amethyst Levou?", says a lady's voice with a British accent at the other end of the line. No, Australian, I think.

"Wi, I mean, yes." I told her, quite indecipherable of what I am saying and feeling.

"I am Daniella Aragon of Luxe Entertainment, and I am glad to inform you that you are invited in Logan Princeton's birthay celebration here in New York. And nota bene, wear red. Au revoir!" She said rapidly, then she hung up.

Daniella Aragon, I have just been called by Daniella Aragon! I found myself saying it to myself even though I don't personally know or have any idea that she exists.

It wasn't Daniella that I was so blissful about. It was her message. I was jumping and screaming that one name I've always loved to say, "Logan!".

That is the message of the century! In just split seconds, I felt my mind racing with all the possibilities of how I would meet Logan in the party.

I felt my heart beating so fast that I might eventually collapse.

After a couple of minutes trying to decide whether what happened was real or fake, I realized that I had one problem.

When is the celebration? I asked myself again and again. I called her back.