Blue Gender

Type:

TV

Aired:

October 8, 1999 to March 31, 2000

Source:

Original

Genres:

Adventure, Romance, Mecha, Military, Sci-Fi, Horror, Space, Drama

Synopsis:

Blue Gender takes place in the not too distant future in a world where things have gone terribly wrong for humanity. Humans have been replaced at the top of the food chain by the Blue, a race of bug-like aliens that have colonized Earth and pushed humans aside. A space station, Second Earth, has been constructed as a safe haven for humans, with the hope of one day reclaiming the Earth once more.

Yuji Kaido was cryogenically frozen, having been suffering from a disease known as B-Cells. Once awakened, he joins a team of soldiers that have come to Earth to extract him. Unfortunately, nothing goes according to plan as they make their way back to Second Earth.

Yuji will have to deal with the horrors of fighting a bloody war as he and the fighters from Second Earth look to survive. Will they be able to win back Earth without losing their humanity?

Characters and Voice Actors:

- Main:

Marlene Angel

Orphaned at the age of ten because her parents were killed by the Blue, Marlene was one of the few lucky ones to make it to Second Earth. Since then Marlene has dedicated and trained herself to defeat the Blue, taking all kind of vicious training during her early days making her lack of many female atitudes.

She doesn't understand the difference between a woman and a man, making it difficult for Yuji to deal with her. Though seeming very cold in the earlier episodes, as time progresses, Yuji opens up Marlene's emotions.

- Kuwashima, Houko (Japanese)

- Bailey, Laura (English)

- Zsigmond, Tamara (Hungarian)

- Displaces, Catherine (French)

Yuji Kaido

He worked at a gas station in the near future until a life-threatening disease required him to be put into cryogenic stasis so that his state would not worsen. He awakens in the future to find that the Blue have destroyed everything he knew. He then begins his journey to Second Earth, learning to defend himself and others on the way. His mental state changes a lot during the series, as he sees more of the ruined earth and meets all the people left behind.

- Nojima, Kenji (Japanese)

- Vale, Eric (English)

- Varga, Rókus (Hungarian)

- Briche, Fabien (French)

- Supporting:

Keith Bean

- Sabat, Christopher (English)

- Matsumoto, Dai (Japanese)

- Artaux, Cyrille (French)

Elena

A young nomad girl who finds Yuji in the desert, later developing a relationship with him.

- Nishimura, Chinami (Japanese)

- Buckley, Kasey (English)

- Bogdányi, Titanilla (Hungarian)

- Castro, Ilana (French)

Tony Frost

Another sleeper brought to Second Earth before Yuji. A very powerful sleeper, Yuji strives to improve himself to be able to beat Tony. Tony seems to have no emotion, and is set on destroying the Blue. It becomes apparent in later episodes, however, that he sees himself as a Messiah, and has his own plans for the fate of humanity.

- Jewell, Jerry (English)

- Sato, Yuki (Japanese)

Joey Heald

One of the pilots sent to earth to retrieve the sleepers. Joey has a positive attitude no matter what the situation is.He is the first person who gets close to Yuji.

- Burgmeier, John (English)

- Suganuma, Hisayoshi (Japanese)

- Mehani, Taric (French)

Rick Kilmer

A military elite who is not a Sleeper, fights on the Sleeper Brigade as an Armor Shriker support operator. He is cocky, confident, and loves strong women. He's is constantly pursuing Marlene, with minimal success.

- Schemmel, Sean (English)

- Dupac, Benoit (French)

- Itou, Eiji (Japanese)

Seno Miyagi

A high-ranking member of the science division on Second Earth. He suggests that Marlene and Yuji are kept together in order to get the best results from Yuji in the sleeper program. Not agreeing with the High Council's leadership of Second Earth or it's reckless use of the sleepers, he eventually forms a group called The Arc.

- Hori, Katsunosuke (Japanese)

- Hebert, Kyle (English)

- Violette, Vincent (French)

Dice Quaid

- Ginga, Banjou (Japanese)

- Clarke, Dameon (English)

- Cherbuy, Didier (French)

Alicia Whistle

Another sleeper on Second Earth who is paired with Tony. She is very young and often naive. She immediately gravitates towards Yuji, seeing Marlene as an obstacle to a relationship with him.

- Ortiz, Lisa (English)

- Yasuda, Miwa (Japanese)

- Molnár, Ilona (Hungarian)

- Moreau, Adeline (French)

#Anime

#Otaku