I hate fakers sequel (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5 - I hate fakers sequel

Having a restless sleep last night, I wake in a foul mood the next morning.

I stubbornly lay in bed, with Jayden's arms wrapped tightly around me. Jayden is still quietly sleeping, so I have time to reflect on what happened yesterday.

I wanted to strangle Miss Watling... Not only for hurting my poor little Troy, but also for being the bearer of bad news...

I should be allowed to adopt Troy!

Troy doesn't deserve to be in an orphanage. He deserves to be with a family, people who will love and care for him. Jayden and I, would do anything for him. Why cant I have him!?!

Surely we could do something? Perhaps my father could find a really good lawyer to plead our case... My father is a well connected man, and I know he would do anything for me.

Im going to call him, and see whether there is anything he can do.

Surely there is some sort of loophole? Knowing my father, he will already be considering our options after his talk with Jayden last night.

What have I got to lose?

With my decision made, I slowly move Jayden's arms off me, and slip my pillow in between his arms. Jayden looks so cute as he snuggles against my pillow, but even this doesn't bring a smile to my face. I glance at the clock and notice it is only 5am, so Jayden wont be awake for a while yet.

I tip toe out of the room, and slump down on the couch in the lounge area as I dial my fathers number.

My father immediately answers saying "Baby girl. Im so sorry."

All the memories of yesterday, flood back and Miss Watling's words ring loud and clear.

I wont be allowed to adopt Troy.

Regardless of how good a lawyer my father is, there are international adoption laws that cant be waived.

Who am I kidding?!? All this wishful thinking isn't going to get me anywhere... My father and Jayden tried to warn me about getting my hopes up, and did I listen? NOPE... I thought I knew better!

When this realization hits, I break down in tears and my sobs drown out my fathers words.

In my state, I drop the phone to the ground and curl up on the couch, while sobbing uncontrollably.

In the distance, I can hear my father's muffled shouting, but I pay no attention as I wallow in sorrow.

Jayden comes racing into the lounge and quickly pulls me into his arms, and I sob against his bare chest.

"Sssshhh baby. Please don't cry" Jayden mumbles into my hair as he places a kiss on my head in comfort.

Jayden's words seem to have the opposite effect, as I begin to sob inconsolably.

Jayden rocks me back and forth, until my sobs abate and I snuggle into his chest.

"Baby, I can..." Jayden begins but I cut him off pleading "Please. I don't want to cry again, and talking about ...." I start but I cant even say Troy's name without inducing another bout of tears.

I shake my head, while climbing off Jayden's lap and say "Im going to get cleaned up." I quickly run from the room leaving Jayden there, and run into the bathroom. I lock the door, because I need some alone time, and decide to run a hot bath. That way, I can spend as long as possible in here. Seeing the pity in Jayden's gaze, will send me over the edge again.

I just need a little bit of time, to get myself together.

I took so long in the bath, that I ended up having to re-heat the water twice, and ignored Jayden's requests to open the door.