bump in the road

Karla pov

She couldn't believe it, this wasn't what she had planned. When she checked the pack list for extra guest there had been only five. None were with Kiera. Though her cousins mate had added someone last minute but could that be him? If he was then why didn't Kiera just add him as her guest. She was never close to April, even before Kiera arrived. Then for her father to talk to the human like they had been close friends just didn't sit well with her. Her mother would roll in her grave if she knew that Kiera had a human date at the pack reunion. Did he even know that he was in the middle of a werewolf gathering?

Now that would be interesting to see how he would react to come face to face with a werewolf. Would that be enough to run him off? A grin spread across her face at that thought. The only problem was how to pull it off without getting her hands dirty. She had always pulled through with her plans and this was just a small bump in the road.

She needed to find out who Ashton was and what he does. Everyone has secrets, or at least some flaws that she could use to her advantage. She needed someone to get information from him, but who. Her escort, Alex was far better then she had expected but he was all business and it would be hard to get him to do this for her. When she first met him she was really impressed at what she saw. Her father would appreciate a hard working man and he profiled a good business man, but it didn't really work out that way.

She had introduced them and Alex was very flattering. They talked for a while but she didn't see the same spark in the conversation like her father held with Kiea's date. No matter what it was Kiera always won the attention of her father. It had always been like that since he brought her home and that's what she hated about her.

Looking outside the window of her room now she could see him talking to some of the pack members. Everyone seemed to have accepted him as part of the pack already. At least for tonight she would think about what she could do about him, tomorrow was another day. The day was young and there was plenty of time for things to go 'wrong'. Maybe she would introduce herself to him tomorrow and see if she could pull him away from her sister like she had done plenty of times with her other companions.

It had all been too easy for her to draw their attention away from Kiera. A few choice words and they were drooling at her feet. They thought they would be getting lucky later that night but they were highly disappointed. When she finally retired for the night they would be in her bed, ready for the night of their lives, but that was far from what they got. She would scream, waking up just about everyone in the house and humiliate them beyond belief. That would send them running with their tail between their feet and her sister would spend the rest of the week humiliated.

Tonight the moon was high and it was about time for their run. Everyone was heading towards the lake and then from there they would head for the hills. Turning Karla went to her drawers and pulled out a different set of clothes to change into, so she wouldn't soil her dress. At least she would have the company of Alex for the run and if she could convince him, for the night.