Eager are we

Kiera pov

Kiera stepped up to grab her bags from the conveyor belt. She had taken a late flight to get here early. April, Michael, and her mystery date were supposed to be in already. She wasn't convinced that Michael's friend would just take a week off just to accompany her to her pack's reunion. Even more she was dreading the whole reunion. She would feel a lot better if she just went on her own and just take whatever her sister threw her way.

Looking around she spotted April jumping and waving at her. She smiled at her cousins antics. As long as she was there with her everything will be alright. She could always count on April for just about anything. Kiera weaved through the crowd and made her way to her cousin. They crushed each other in a tight hug, even though it had just been a few days since they had last seen each other.

"How was the flight?"

"It was fine, so where is the mystery man?"

"Eager are we?" April teased.

"No, I just want to get acquainted before someone at the reunion asks."

"You can't sell me that horse shit Kiera. You are eager to see who the stud is, but I have a bit of bad news."

Kiera's eyes widened as she saw the cheeky grin April made. This was definitely not good.

"What?"

"Well. The guys aren't here. Yet."

"What do you mean they're not here. What happened?"

"Ash had a bit of a problem and Michael stayed with him to help but don't worry they'll be here later today."

"How am I going supposed to know who he is when he gets there?"

"I'm sure you'll know when you see him and don't worry about it you'll get to know him there. Maybe get to know him really good." She said with a wide grin.

Kiera smacked her on the arm, shaking her head at her cousin's crazy ideas. This was not how she saw this day going, now not only would she go to the reunion alone to start with but would most likely be ridiculed about being set up at a reunion. Unfortunately she couldn't do anything now but hold her head up and make the best of things.

....................................

The place was buzzing with activity when they got to the ranch. They were greeted with hugs and kisses from pack members that they hadn't seen since the previous reunion. Answering questions and catching up on news from the newest additions to families or new pack members. She smiled and took turns with April holding the young children and cooing at the newborns. The only thing she didn't like about reunions was the mind link, as soon as they started gathering around together their old pack link would kick in.

So not only were they dealing with greeting others physically but also mentally. Every few seconds she would have someone pop in her head to greet her or she would be listening to other conversations. It was actually exhausting after a year of silence. The attack of voices in her mind and trying to keep a conversation going at the same time was starting to give her a headache.

She stepped off to the side to look around the house, she hadn't even had a chance to take in the beautifully decorated house. The atrium opened up beautifully with a crystal chandelier overhead and a wide hall with beautiful paintings and portraits. They were in a large sitting area to one side of the atrium, where she was currently at. There were two staircases on each side that curved to join the balcony overhead. It was a three floor house with enough rooms to accommodate the guests and a few other cabins down the road for the rest.

It was beautifully decorated and the woodwork was very elegantly crafted. Just standing here would make anyone think that they were anywhere but at a ranch. She knew that her sister made the reunion here because their father had always wanted to live on a ranch but was unable to. Not because they couldn't afford it, they were very well off financially but because the animals he wanted would always sense predators around. They would never hunt the animals but the poor beasts didn't know that.