I'll take my chances

Ash pov

Ash pulled of the main highway and down a smaller road. Michael had somehow persuaded him into driving to the reunion, which was a good day's drive but they also brought enough beef for all the guests. He had grilled supper for them two nights ago when they came and they had really enjoyed it. So Michael had taken the liberty to get him to furnish a couple of meals for the reunion. At first he didn't like the idea because he felt like he was imposing on their reunion already but it was a good way to get clients and Michael told him just that. So now they were hauling an insane amount of beef to the party.

Ash had taken a liking to April and Michael already. They were a nice couple and had talked none stop about Kiera, the gal he was to escort. Though he couldn't deny the curiosity in him to meet her, he still didn't like the idea of being an escort. Both April and Michael described her as a beautiful, intelligent woman. April had showed him some of her work on her phone, and he had to give the girl credit because the paintings were really good. As she was flipping through the pictures he caught a glimpse of her before April closed the phone, not wanting him to see who she was yet. He had actually smiled at that but didn't say anything. He didn't get a good look at her but she did look cute.

It was dark by the time they pulled into the ranch, Ash had been here once a couple of years ago. It was more of a resort on a ranch, a nice getaway for business workers looking for something besides a beach vacation. They provided riding lessons among other things and had plenty of riding paths along the rolling hills. The main house had plenty of rooms but there were several small cabins down the road.

He pulled around the main house and headed down a dirt road to a building where he could store the beef. It wasn't the first time he delivered meat here, it wasn't often that he got orders from the place but every time there was one it was a big order and he made the trip himself. He stopped and got out to open the wide doors of the building. There was a long cooler all along one side of the place and supplies on the other. He walked in and pulled the cooler doors open, there was a large space where he would be able to store the beef.

They were almost done when a couple of the ranch workers came over. They recognized him right away and helped them unload the trailer full of meat. By the time they finished unloading the meat it was well past ten. Michael left to find April and find out the sleeping arrangements for him. He stayed behind to talk to some of the workers.

"What surprised the boss was that they rented the whole place for a week, not just a couple of cabins." Henry, one of the workers said.

"Well it is a family reunion and they wouldn't like anyone to interfere with their celebration." Ash replied.

"The boss never mentioned you were stopping by, why are you here?" Henry asked.

Ash pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, fishing out one and lighting it.

"Well I'm actually a guest." He said taking a drag off of his cigarette.

"You part of the family?"

"No, I was just invited."

Henry grinned, "Who's the lucky gal?"

"Why does it have to be a girl?"

"Cut the bull Ash, why else would you be here if it wasn't for some gal."

"I'm here with a friend."

"Yea and I bet that 'friend' has a nice ass too."

Henry chuckled, turning and walking towards one of the corrals. Ash followed him, tossing the butt of the cigarette on the ground. On other side of the corral was a young stallion. Ash could make out that he was dark brown with a white blaze down his face when he passed under one of the lights. He was clearly wild from the way he kept pacing the corral.