Bronc Riding

-----------------------------------

Ash pov

The main event of the afternoon was going to start in fifteen minutes and Ash was quickly changing out of his wet clothes. He didn't mind being wet if it meant that he could share another kiss with Kiera. He pulled out the golden pins he had won from his pocket. Three small pins to remind him of today's activities. The first was shaped like a rope for the tug-of-war game. The second in the shape of a horse shoe, it had been a favorite pass time for him as a kid and he had won Kiera easily. The last though, would be the most treasured, was of a strawberry.

His hands stilled at the fly of his jeans, his mind retuning to the intense kisses he shared with Kiera. He hadn't intended to take it so far but when he had brought his lips to hers, he had lost all self control. He had been restless that night, she kept invading his mind and he couldn't stop his thoughts from returning to her. Then when he saw her again that morning he had to keep himself in check from reaching for her. So when the opportunity arose during the race, he let himself hold her.

She felt perfect in his arms, her small size molding perfectly against him, yet she was filled out in all the right places. The laughter in her eyes made his heart swell with joy and he felt pride in himself for causing that in her. She was very formal when she was around the rest of her family but when she was around April, Michael and himself she would express herself freely once she relaxed.

A smile formed on his lips, remembering the heated stare she had given him when she returned with the last strawberry. His pulse was pounding erratically and he had felt the strain on his lap at the sight before him as she walked to him. Everything around them had dissolved and it was only her he had eyes for. As soon as he ate the last berry she initiated the kiss. He had been restraining himself from holding her the first time he kissed her but he couldn't get enough of her and pulled her down on his lap. His tongue battling for dominance until she submitted and let him take control. Her hands weaving into his hair as he held her tightly against his chest.

When he finally broke the contact, they were both struggling to catch their breath. The blissful look on her face made him smile with satisfaction as she opened her eyes. They were finally drawn back to reality when everyone around them started wolf whistling, cat calling and applauding. It was then that they realized that they were the only ones to complete the game and Kiera had blushed brightly red before hiding her face in his shoulder. No matter what happens by the end of the reunion, this was something he would never forget.

Once outside he made his way to the horse corral where the bronc riding would take place. As much as he enjoyed riding, this was one event he would sit out and just enjoy watching with Kiera. They were going to meet by the gates and then find a place to watch. She was probably still getting ready because he couldn't find her. The few bleachers around were filling up quickly and he didn't want to have Kiera standing all afternoon.

"Hey Ash."

Ash turned to see Chase running towards him. "What can I do for you Chase?"

They boy looked a bit apprehensive. "Well, I was wondering if you could help me out. I want to try riding on this event but I'd like some help on what to do."

As much as he wanted to tell him no, so he could spend time with Kiera, he just couldn't. "Okay."

Chase looked relieved. Ash followed him to the side of the corral where all the participants were waiting to give it a go. Chase was the youngest among them all.

"Are you trying to impress that young gal I've seen you with?" He asked.

"Yes and no." Ash quirked an eyebrow. "I do want to impress her but I also want to do this for myself. They say the winner gets to keep the horse and I'd like to try. We've got plenty of territory to make a corral at home and its kind of cool, you know . . riding. It'll give me something to do when dad or Michael aren't around."