Chapter 13

Waking up the next morning, I hear soft snoring next to me. Jason has his arm draped over my hip, fast asleep. His features were soft, and his breathing was even. Gently caressing his face, I loved feeling his stubble under my fingers. Running my finger along his jawline, I smiled. Tracing his lips, Jason shifted a little under my touch. Retracting my hand, his voice startled me. "Don't stop," he sleepily said. 

"I'm sorry to wake you, baby." 

Opening his eyes, he gave me a sleepy smile. "It's alright, honey. I'm glad to just wake up next to your beautiful face." Moving closer to me, "How are you feeling?"

"A little better," I answered. Moving closer to Jason, I was feeling something that I knew would throw Jason into a frenzy. A heat was pooling between my legs. 

Rumbling from Jason made me move back a little. "Don't recoil, sweetheart. I'll just have to control myself." 

My honesty was going to be my undoing. "Maybe you shouldn't," I whispered. 

Peering back up at Jason, I could see his control was fading with my statement. Taking a deep breath, he pulled me closer to him. "It would be better to wait until after your heat, honey. Trust me." 

Smiling, I nuzzled my head under his chin. "I can wait, then." 

"I have an idea."

"Hmm."

"Why don't we stay in bed all day? I'll bring some food, and we can eat as we please. Today, we can just lay low?"

Looking up at him, I smiled. "That sounds like a good idea to me." 

~some time later~

My body started to twitch, and pain racked through me. The heat was starting to rear its ugly head; Jason must not be here. Opening my eyes, his side of the bed is vacant. Anthony told him to stay close. His scent wasn't too long gone, though. Sitting up, I raise my nose to the air smelling him coming back. I needed him, the pain was starting to race through my muscles. 

When the door opened, he was holding a tray of the most delectable looking food I had ever seen. Hopefully this time, it all stays down. "Good morning, sunshine." 

Peering out the window, the sun was already setting. I slept all day. "Good morning, I guess." 

Placing the tray on the bed, Jason looked so pleased with himself. Bringing me food was something he liked to do. "I made a variety of things for you. I got pancakes, eggs, bacon, my special garlic spaghetti, and I even made some basil pesto chicken with cherry tomatoes. Also, some coffee, in case you need a jolt, water, and orange juice." Just looking at the tray was overwhelming. Where do I start? "I suggest starting with breakfast," he teased. 

Knowing he read my mind made me giggle slightly. Having him this close to me was helping me a lot. The heat should only last for a few more hours. Maybe by the morning, I'll be better. That would be ideal. Then, Jason can get back to running his pack, instead of taking care of me. 

At least now, the smell of food didn't make me want to spew my guts all over the place. In fact, I was hungry, very hungry. Reaching for the plate of pancakes, I carefully took a bite of one to make sure that my stomach wasn't betraying me. The piece slid down my throat; waiting a moment, no queasiness hit me. Taking another small bite, still nothing. Food, glorious food. Finally, I'm able to eat with no consequences. Shoving the food in my gullet made Jason happy. When I got to the spaghetti, I saw Jason lick his lips. 

Putting a big heaping forkful on front of him, I motioned for him to eat it. Gladly taking the food, he slurped it all down his throat. 

"That's disgusting, Jason," I teased.