Chapter 12

Putting my fork down, I brought Jason's hand up to my mouth, sweetly kissing it. Smiling at me, I could tell that he was searching for what I was up to. Moving my plate to the side, I crawled over the counter. Jason's eyes were wide, only getting wider the closer I got. "What are you doing?" he whispered, nose to nose with me. 

"Showing you how much you mean to me," I responded. Shock was evident in his face. Pressing my lips to his, it took him a moment to comform to mine, but he responded quickly. Wrapping his arms around me, he dropped my into his lap. 

He feverishly was kissing me, squeezing my butt, and pulling on my hair. His chest was heaving, his breath staggered. I could feel him hardening beneath me. Moving down, biting and sucking on my mark aroused me even further. "Wait," his breathless voice said. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, equally as breathless. 

"Nothing's wrong," he started, "but I don't think we should do this now." 

Puzzled, I wasn't really sure how to answer that. "Really?" I felt more disappointed than anything. "But...how come?"

"Oh, baby. It's not that I don't want to, because I do." 

"Is it me?" I started panicking. 

"No, sweetheart, it's not you. " Smoothing the hair from my face, he wiped the stray tears that fell. "I want us to take our time; really, truly wait for the right moment." Nuzzling my nose, he was trying to reassure me. "Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to take you right here, right now, every which way, but I want to savor you. Every inch of you." 

Laying my head on his shoulder, I was disappointed, but I understood his point. Shifting around a little, a rumble came from his chest. "Sorry," I shyly said. "What should we do now?"

"It's getting late, why don't get some sleep, and start fresh tomorrow?"

"Sounds good." 

Trying to slide off his lap, he looked at me funny. "What're you doing?"

"Going up to bed?"

Standing up with me in his arms, he smiled. "What makes you think I don't want to carry you?"

"You know, Jason, you don't have to carry me all the time. I do have legs." To prove my point, I kicked them out a couple times. 

"I like carrying you," he protested. 

Sighing, I couldn't resist his pouty face. "Alright, let's go."

Running us upstairs, we went into his room. "This isn't my room," I remarked.

"Yes, it is. We share this room," he replied back. 

"Not tonight, we don't." Silence. "You said you wanted to take your time with me, so this is how we take our time." 

"Dakota--"

"No, Jason. You're right. You marked me, and I wanted that. But I do agree, we should slow down. Because I want to savor you as much as you want to savor me." Before he spoke, I put my finger to his lips. "We'll know when the time is right." 

Walking away from Jason made me physically sick. All I wanted was to cuddle up next to him, and drift off to sleep together. But, he had a point. I was marked now, so at the very least unmated males would stay away from me. My biggest want was for Jason to woo me, show me the world; make me truly feel like his queen. 

Goodnight, Jason. Until tomorrow. 

Jason POV