Chapter 9

'Dakota' an eerie voice whispered. 

"Who are you?" I called out. "I can't see you." 

I was surrounded by fog, and it was disorienting. 

'I'm coming for you,' the voice continued. 

Fear consumed me. Spinning in circles, I couldn't see anything past my arm. 

Harshly being spun around, I was met with red eyes. 

"Dakota!" 

Jason was frantically shaking me awake. "Dakota, honey, are you alright?" He was smoothing my hair from my face. 

Panicked, I whipped my head around the room a couple times. My chest was heaving, and I was dizzy. "Jason?" 

"Yes, baby. I'm here. Relax." 

Finally, I couldn't hold it in anymore. Sobbing, I fell into Jason's chest. "It was awful, Jason. Someone wanted to kill me."

Taking me in his arms, Jason stroked my hair, comforting me as I sobbed into his chest. "No one is getting near you, babygirl. You're mine." he growled possessively. "Sshh." he cooed.  Rocking back and forth, my heaving chest started to calm, the tighter he held me. "Good girl, take a deep breath." 

I couldn't get the red eyes out of my head, they pierced through me. Shaking it off, I looked to Jason, who seemed worried. "I'm alright," I said, placing my hands on his chiseled chest. 

"You promise?" 

"I promise."  

Kissing my cheek, he held me for a moment. "I'm going to take a shower, then we can have some breakfast."  Gazing out the window, I realized that we slept the entire day yesterday. It didn't seem to bother Jason, but I didn't want to keep him from his responsibilities. 

Rolling out of bed, he was wearing nothing but his tight boxers. Eyes widened, Jason noticed my expression. "See something you like?" he purred. Unable to bring myself to speak, he chuckled at my embarrassment. "You're more than welcome to join me," and he disappeared into the bathroom. 

Breathing deep, I controlled my emotions. His body was perfect. It looked perfectly muscular, perfectly toned; he was the perfect man. Why was I so reluctant toward him? His Alpha power is unmatched, and he obviously, deeply cares for me. This perfect specimen. 

Gathering my courage, I left the bed, and headed towards the bathroom door. Approaching slowly,  the swung open. Stopping dead, Jason was standing there, chest heaving, body dripping wet. His eyes were a deep brown, with yellow flecks; Jason's wolf took over. "I smell you," his wolf growled. 

"Jason?" 

"Jackson," he answered. Must be the name of his wolf.

"Jackson," I repeated. My back hit the bed post, "Please don't hurt me." 

Softening his expression, Jackson reached a hand out, but I recoiled. "I won't hurt you, Viola." 

Relaxing slightly, he could smell my wolf. That also means he smells my arousal. Cupping his face, he purred into my hand. "Can Jason come back, Jackson?" 

"Did I scare you?" he asked, like a sad puppy. 

"No, sweetheart. I just want to talk to Jason." 

Taking a few deep breaths, Jason's eyes went back to normal. When he realized what happened, he grabbed me into a bear hug. "Dakota, oh goddess, are you alright?"

"Easy, Jason. I'm fine," I huffed out. 

"He didn't hurt you?"

Checking my body, Jason was frantic. "No, Jason. He didn't hurt me....Jackson just smelled...my-uh...arousal." A low rumble came from him.