Chapter 5

The day of the party is here and I'm not sure that I can handle Jason showing up. Ashley will be coming over to help me pick an outfit. I can only imagine what she will have me wear. I'll probably end up looking like a street whore. Oh my goddess, I can't handle the thought.

I was reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, when I heard the front door open and Ashley's voice. "Oh no," I grumbled.

I winced when she threw the door open. "Your savior is here!" Her epic smile always gave me some hope.

"Savior? Really? You're dressing me for a party, not making water into wine," I responded. Peering behind her, I saw a full dress bag. "What the hell is that?"

Ashley put the bag across my bed, smirking.  "This....Miss pain in my ass, are the dresses you have a choice of. I know you don't really have any cute dresses and I want you to look your best," she said with a smile. She means well but she knows I'm not comfortable wearing this nonsense.

Getting up, I was looking through the dresses while she was rifling through my limited make up. "Ash, you seriously want me to wear this? I'll look like a hoe."

"Correction. You'll look like a classy hoe," she laughed.

Rolling my eyes, "A hoe is a hoe, no matter how you dress her up."

"Just shut up and put this on." Throwing a dress at me, I reluctantly changed. 

How tight is this dress? It feels like my ass is barely covered. Looking at myself in the mirror, the royal blue material is hugging every curve I have. I feel so exposed. Is this really what its going to take to get Jason's attention? This shouldn't be the way; he'll think I'm just another pack whore. Maybe he'll reject me; wouldn't surprise me. 

"Move your ass!" Ashley called from the other side of the door. 

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. 

Stepping out, Ashley's eyes widened. "Damn girl, you look hot!" She made a sizzling sound on her side. 

Rolling my eyes at her, I couldn't believe how ridiculous she was. "Oh, please. Look at me! I look no better than the resident pack slut." 

"Dakota, you look nothing like Jolene. She is the definition of slut," Ashley said, shuddering just saying her name. 

"How the hell is Devon okay with her behavior? It's sickening to think that she has broken up couples, all for nothing." Jolene was admitted to this pack because Devon felt sorry for her. My parents weren't thrilled with his decision, but she was booted from her last pack for breaking up the alpha, and his intended mate. She was so heartbroken that she rejected him. Shortly thereafter, his pack dissolved. He fell into a deep depression, and eventually killed himself. As did his mate. It was very sad. Our pack took in some of the wolves from that pack, but others went elsewhere, or went rogue. When we took Jolene in, there was a pack feud over it. We knowingly took in a homewrecker, but Devon was convinced that he could reform her. As far as I'm aware, she has made no such reformation. 

"Devon still thinks he can help her. I don't know why. All she does is make goo-goo eyes at all the unmated males in the pack. I bet her privates smell like a fish market." 

"Oh, gross! What the hell, Ashley?!" I exclaimed. 

Her laughter was filling the room, while my disgusted expression only furthered her. Suddenly, Erika, and Mandy came in. They were dressed for the occasion. Erika was wearing a red dress, black flats. Mandy was wearing a green dress, fitted to her, blue pumps. Their make-up was done beautifully. Just enough to make it look like they were wearing, but not enough to make them look like street walkers. "Aren't you two ready yet?" Erika asked. "People are already starting to arrive."