Chapter 18

*1 Day Ago*

Special angels have to do special things with their lives. They all have some sort of special duty to do- whether it be of a large or small significance.  You are a special Angel.

“So what do I need to do then?”

Your duty is to kill your sister. 

*Present*

My sister. She was my sister. How could I do anything to her?

Sure, she might not even be alive anymore, but she was still, and always would be my sister. Maybe something was up with her, and she had forgotten who I was, but that didn’t matter to me. She was my sister- Sierra.

There was something else fishy about this whole situation as well. I felt like there was something that Clarissa was hiding from me- some very big piece of information. It might have had something to do with the fact that Sierra didn’t seem particularly happy to even be thinking about me- at least in my dreams.

And that was another thing. By the way Ramon and Loretta were acting, I had a feeling that they were not just dreams that I was having. Somehow, and in some alternate universe, they were real. Then again, I could be interpreting that entirely the wrong way and Ramon and Loretta could be acting odd for some other reason.

The dreams seemed completely real to me, but I could just be imagining that, couldn’t I?

And to add to the rest of my problems, everyone was still treating me insanely nicely. I thought, that if anyone decided that they (a) needed to be my friend or (b) just needed to be insanely nice to me in the hallway. It would drive me completely senile (more so than it had already)!

I still could not understand who might have told the people at my school- and how everybody knew so quickly. After thinking about it for a second, the answer for the second question became obvious to me. Gossip. What else could make this travel so fast?! Besides, it would be especially juicy because it was about the new girl- who only had one friend because she refused to have others.

Then I started thinking about the first question. Who else even knew of what had happened to Sierra? Well, other than my family, there was a few close family friends that were basically relatives, and some guys at my dad’s work. Plus, the remainder of my old town. News like that in our town travelled fast; almost nothing had happened there.

And there was also all the angels. They knew; they had to know. It was obvious, considering I had spoken so much to them.

The only conclusion I could come to was that an Angel had told them. Maybe not as a group, but someone had.

But why?

I was lying on my bed. School had come and gone, irritating as always. I could practically feel the awkwardness in the air. Basically, I managed to keep my head down and survive my school day like that. I also nearly skipped art, but decided against it. After finding a school drawing of mine settled on my porch, I really wasn’t quite sure what I could do with my class time.

And now, I had the urge to draw.  Even though my head voted entirely against it, my fingers were itching to pick up a pencil. Silently, I reached over and picked up the single pencil that was lying on my desk. Doing so, I accidently brushed the papers off the table. Now uncovered, Sierra's journal lay upon my desk, calling me to read it.

After the paper that I had found last time, I didn’t really want to deal with something like that again. I felt like I had to, though. And I promised myself that I would read it after I drew for a little bit. That always managed to calm me down- no matter what had gone on.

I wanted to draw the forest.

The forest was the best thing to draw. There were so many nooks and crevices that I could draw. While it may be the best thing to draw (in my opinion), it was also one of the hardest. You could never perfectly match the way the light bounced off of the trunk or the way the darkness seeped into everything.

In my mind, it was definitely the most beautiful thing that you could ever see.

                I started out with the background- I was going to make one tree the main focal point. I knew exactly what it was going to be. There was a huge oak tree, and I’ve always loved to just look at that. Now I was going to try to draw it. Finally…

********                                                                **********                                            ********

Hours later, I gazed down at the masterpiece that I had drawn, if it could be considered that. I scrutinized it carefully- looking for mistakes or something else that I could fix. Thankfully, nothing popped out to me like it needed fixing, but there was one spot that didn’t quite seem right to me. I mean, it looked right and I’m sure that other people would agree, but it didn’t look like it fit right. Fiddling around with it was going to be tricky, but I knew that if I didn’t, I would end up losing sleep and many thoughts to it.

There was a misshapen thing close to the edge of my drawing.

I tried to erase it, but the stupid thing wouldn’t go! It almost seemed to get larger and larger when I did. Muttering under my breath, I threw the drawing and pencil beneath my bed. I would look at them later- when they started bothering me again.

I lay back on my pillow, checking the time….

“She knows now….” Somebody, something, was hissing… at me. It was actually kind scary to hear, especially since the voice almost seemed amplified through someone else’s ears. That somebody else being Sierra.

“Well what do you expect me to do about it?!” I (but not myself) shrieked at the voice. I could not see the body, and right now, I did not want to. Last time had been bad enough, and I had no doubt that this time would be even worse.

I wondered if Sierra and the other person knew that I was currently the second inhabitant of her body. If it were me, I would be scared out of my mind, but Sierra was entirely a different person. Even when she was alive things like this wouldn’t scare her, only me.

Could Sierra have arranged me to be here?

“Of course there’s nothing you can do about it NOW!” There was heavy emphasis on the last word of my sentence. “Wait….there might be one thing that you could try,” I felt myself perk up slightly upon hearing those words. They were like music to my Sierra’s ears.

This dream didn’t bother me as badly as others had, but something from within that dream was sticking with me. Was it possible that it had been arranged for me to be in that dream? I mean, it could happen, but something like that just didn’t seem likely to me, even if my situation was a bit out there.  

Why on earth would Sierra want me to hear things like that? I mean, it’s not like I knew until now that I…or that she….Anyways, I really only learned that information from her and what she was conversing with during my dream.

Also, how could she be okay with me living in her body? I would hate that, even if it was my sister. Besides, it was odd to go through on my part. How much worse could it be on hers?

If I knew anything now and there was barely anything that I did know, it was that there really wasn’t anyone that I could trust. Except maybe myself, and even that was risky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks for putting up with the wait!

Don't forget to comment, fan and vote!

XxTheDarkAngelxX