Chapter 8

Chapter 8

For the first time in the years since Sierra’s death, I woke up the same time my alarm clock did. I had had a dreamless night; something that was so rare that it almost never happened. Slowly, the events of last night flowed back into my head and I pushed myself up into a sitting position leaning against the headboard. A small smile came upon my face and I silently thanked Celine.

                Then my door flew open, slamming against the opposite wall. My Mom ran in, brandishing a frying pan. I’m sure that my eyes got as wide as saucers while I stared at her. Her chest was heaving, and her eyes were scanning my room, as though searching for danger. Understanding dawned on me after a moment. “Mom! Mom! Relax!” I ordered once she finally focused her eyes on me. The frying pan slowly lowered and she stared at me, stunned.

                “There’s no one here, is there?”

                I nodded my head “no” once before erupting into laughter. “Frying pan?” I asked after a moment. Once she realized the hilarity of the situation she starting laughing too.

                “I guess I overreacted a bit.”

                “You think?” then, before letting her answer, “I’m going to school, right?” Mom looked at me pleadingly for a moment afore walking out of my room and shutting the door behind her. I groaned and let my shoulders slump. “I’ll take that as a no. Why couldn’t you have shut my alarm clock off, then?” I called down to her, annoyance clear in my voice. There was no reply, but I could hear her and my Dad’s low chuckles.

                I wondered what time Celine had left. Then I discovered a folded sheet of {fancy} paper on the table. It was a pale pink-white color and had small roses on the corners. I looked at it for a moment, forgetting that there were words on the inside of it. Pulling it open, I saw Celine’s neat, tiny cursive script on the inside. There were only a few lines, but I had to squint in order to read them.

“Scarlett

                I am quite sorry for leaving in the middle of the night, but Clarissa and the others need my help for some sort of project they are working on right now. I hope you continue to have a good-night and the nightmares do not return after I am gone. You seemed to be having a good rest while I am here, and I am glad for that.

-Celine”

                As I smiled to myself over Celine’s note, a wave of sleepiness came over me, and I let my head hit the pillow again. In moments, I had once again fallen into dreamland. This time, hopefully to better dreams.

~~~~~~~~~Dream(A/N: Sorry for all the dreams… they’re just a big part of the story at this point. Don’t worry, there won’t be too many more.)~~~~~~~~

Clarissa’s head was slumped against the desk. Her arms were wrapped around her head, and the rest of the Angel’s were in a circle around her; Lenora, Ramon, Loretta and Adonis. The name’s just suddenly came to my head. I wanted to, I tried to step forward, to help comfort Clarissa and other’s but my body just passed straight through there’s. I hated it. I could not stand to see others in pain, with the exception maybe being Lenora.

“Clarissa?” A soft voice finally broke the silence. It was female; I assumed it to be Loretta, considering her face was not recognizable. She tentatively reached forward and shook Clarissa’s arm slightly before Ramon and Adonis pulled her back.

Then Clarissa’s head shot up, a menacing look upon her face.

Her eyes were bloodshot; it was clear that she had been crying. I could tell by looking at the other’s faces that they did not know why. I opened my mouth to voice the question, but even I could not hear myself. Yet again, I was playing the role of spectator in my own mind. Finally, Ramon voiced the question that we were all dying to know the answer to. “What happened, Clarissa?”

Instead of answering, she burst into more tears and everyone looked at each other. Other than me, considering that they couldn’t see me. After what seemed like an eternity, she looked up. “Cannot you feel it?” Her voice was so quiet that I could barely hear her, and instinctively took a step forward. Unfortunately for me, Lenora stood right in front of me, and I walked right into her. She took no notice of me.

But I could feel her. Every emotion crossing through her became my own as well. She moved forward a bit, casting me into her shadow; I breathed a sigh of relief.

                Clarissa drew the attention back to herself when she repeated the words she had. “Cannot you feel it? Cannot you feel Marisol’s distress?” Marisol. The name struck pangs of pain within me, but I could not remember her name from anywhere. “It feels as though she is stuck somewhere. She is alone somewhere.” Clarissa stopped, gasping. “She is stuck between the shades of death and shades of life, She is neither dead nor alive, but in a place much, much worse.”          

                The Angels looked at each other, understanding dawning across all of their faces at the exact same time; then pain. I remained in the dark, though. “Are her children safe?” Adonis asked, his voice noticeably deeper than Ramon’s. Clarissa nodded shakily.

                “Yes. Both Scarlett and Sierra live, and seem to be fine. They know something is wrong.”

~~End of Dream~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

                I woke up sweating, just staring at the ceiling. I could remember a moment, when Sierra was alive, that pain had shot through both of our bodies. We hadn’t screamed, but we knew something was wrong.

                I was still staring at the ceiling, trying to make sense of what Clarissa had said. “Marisol,” I turned the name over and over on my tongue before finally smiling. The name was beautiful. The smile faded off my face as I remembered the condition that which she was stuck in. And I knew, at the same time, that there was nothing that I could do to help her, not by myself.

                If even Clarissa could not do something, then what could I do that would help her?

                What if- What if when I tried to help her, I just screwed her up even more? Who could save her then?

~~~~~~~~~

Alright. I just had to involve Mom with teh frying pan somehow. This chapter amused me greatly.

Random Question of the day: How many of your parents have ever threatened you with a frying pan or some other random kitchen object? Comment with the answers!

Anyways, remember to read comment, vote and fan if you haven't done so already.

XxTheDarkAngelxX