Old faces

Chapter 26

"Ky! Ky?! Kylie? Ky? Kylie?" Marshall kept calling me from outside the bathroom while I was trying to have a shower. I dressed in a white t-shirt and my pair of jeans and slipped on my converse before yanking the door open.

"What the hell Marshall? Fucking hell! I heard you the first time you know?!" I snapped at him white giving him the deadliest glare.

"Yeah I know. I just wanted you to hurry that sexy ass of yours up so that you can make food." He said with a idiotic grin on his face. Yeah the past couple of days Marshall has been making inappropriate comments about me and us but I try to ignore them.

"Are you kidding me? You rushed me because you want me to make you food?" I asked him with a blank face.

"Uh yeah?" He said like it was the most obvious thing to do.

"And what's wrong with you?" I asked him pushing past him to walk to my room.

"Nothing why?" He asked confused with a frown.

"Then you can make something to eat yourself." I said shrugging as I brushed the knots out of my hair then grabbed my hair dryer.

"But Ky." He whined doing that damn pouty face and puppy dog eyes. Yeah ever since we slept together the things he does and says have a much bigger effect on me than they have before and it sucks. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine. Let me just dry my hair." I said putting on my hair dryer and giving him an annoyed look. He said something but I couldn't hear since the hair dryer was making too much noise.

"Where's your mom?" Marshall asked once we made it to the kitchen. Today was Saturday so my mom didn't have work.

"Out I guess. She mentioned something about Cindy and Megan so yeah." I said shrugging. Things between my mom and me have been a little sketchy. After I stormed out and pushed her away the other day I came to say sorry but it was still just not right. She's also been pushing me to go to my dad's parole hearing. I refused to go because if I ever see that bastard again it will be too soon.

"She still pressing you to go?" Marshall asked sitting at the small table.

"Yeah. I just don't want to see him." I said reaching for the cereal box. Marshall nodded then watched as I poured us each a bowl of cereal. Since I found out about my dad getting out, Marshall and I have been inseparable. I've been scared again and had terrible nightmares. But for some reason when I was sleeping with Marshall I was calmer and actually slept through the night.

"Thanks Ky." Marshall smiled as I handed him his bowl of cereal. I rolled my eyes and took a seat across from him. "What you thinking?" He asked after a while of silence.

"What if he comes back Marshmallow? What if he's worse than before?" I asked and Marshall sighed and placed his hand over mine. I looked up into those blue eyes that seem to have a spell over me. I felt calmer and thoughts of before started to vanish. Al though I have of that quite a few times.

"I won't let that happen Kylie. But there is another option." Marshall said clearing his throat. "You can always get an restraining order."

"Its that a little too far?" I asked getting nervous. That will either make things better or worse.

"No Kylie. Its not, if its the one thing that will keep you safe. I want you to be safe Ky. If something has to happen to you." He trailed off looking down at his empty bowl. I frowned at his actions and then let out a sigh.

"I'll do it." I said making him look up at me with a small smile.

"Good. So what are the plans for today?" He asked as he sat back in his seat with his hands behind his head. He looked cute.