Walk in the park

Chapter 22

Two days have passed since I was secretly eavesdropping on Marshall and Becky and they did not suspect a thing. Me however, I or more like my mind was a complete mess. Marshall was different too. He was more affectionate and shit with me. I didn't quite understand it, it was like he was drunk all the time, because that's the only time why he is that way with me.

I was currently the only one up in the apartment while Becky and Marshall slept away. Lately I couldn't sleep that much either because if I did I would have these very vivid dreams of Marshall and me. I would wake up a mess and panting, covered in sweat and Marshall would jump up thinking there's like a burglar or something. It was quite funny but I felt bad for depriving him of his sleep.

I've been awake since five and stayed in bed just staring at the ceiling till six when I couldn't take it anymore and just had to get up. I got up and thought that watching TV would kill some time, I got bored quickly since there was like nothing on and then decided I was hungry.

So that brings me to where I am now. Standing in the middle of the kitchen, with all the ingredients I need for making some waffles for breakfast. I knew they were one of Marshall's favourites and I felt really bad for keeping him up a few nights so I figured I'd make for it by making him waffles.

I was concentrating so hard on making the batter that I didn't hear someone walking up behind me.

"Morning Ky." I got such a big fright that I jumped, spun around and squeezed the living shit out of the bag of flower I had in my hands. From the force of me squeezing it suddenly it puffed and created a cloud of flour falling all over myself and a little over Marshall.

"Don' do that!" I said smacking his arm and then setting the bag of flour down to hold on to the counter with one hand while the other hand covers my heart thumping like crazy in my chest. Marshall giggled as I panted and tried to catch my breath.

"Sorry Ky. I really didn't mean to scare you." He said biting his lip so that he didn't full out burst out laughing. I glared with him once my heart beat was back to normal.

"You don't sneak up on people Marshmallow." I said walking to him and dropping my head on his shoulder. He chuckled and patted my back.

"What are you doing anyway?" He asked me after a while of silence.

"Making waffles." I said with a yawn. I was still tired but I couldn't sleep for the love of me.

"Looks more like you were making a mess." He said pushing his tongue against his cheek on the inside so that he didn't break out into a smile or something. I've noticed that he's been doing that a lot lately. It was freaking cute might I add.

"Yeah well if you didn't scare the living crap out of me then the place would still be clean." I said pursing my lips as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Hey Ky?" I looked at Marshall with a frown since he was the one frowning at me first.

"Uh yeah?" I asked him a little uncertain.

"You uh, you have something there." He said biting his lip again as he pointed at my nose. I frowned then made my eyes go squint, trying to see the tip of my nose. "That looks so fucked up!" He said laughing at the face I was pulling.

"Oh yeah?" I said reaching into the bag of flour "Well you have something there!" I said throwing some flower on his head. "Ha!" I huffed when he glared at me.

"Ok Ky, you really shouldn't have." Marshall said slow as if he was talking to a child. He got this evil smirk and glint in his eyes as he took a step towards me. My eyes widened and I knew what was going to come next. I turned around and tried to make a run for it but I was too close to Marshall.