Leaving it all behind

Chapter 10

The past few years have gone by in a blur. So much have happened since. I finally graduated high school, of course with straight A's, which I still don't know how I got that right. Between all the partying and getting high with the guys you'd think I was a drop out too. Yeah I said too, Marshall dropped out last year, after having to do ninth grade for the 3rd time.

It wasn't that he was stupid, actually, he was quite damn clever. He just took a much bigger liking to rapping and he was trying to make a career out of it for himself. He was starting to make a name for himself in Detroit. He would battle on the streets or in the Hip Hop shop on open mic night and he was pretty fucking bad ass.

Oh yeah and he officially started dating Kim last year. We all always assumed that they would end up dating, but yeah. Not much to say about that. She ended up moving in with him and then it all started going down hill. Marshall and Debbie would fight often over Kim. She was coming between all of us one way or the other. The guys stared calling Marshall PW as in pussy whipped.

Marshall and I were still super close, I mean we got each other and understood each other. Sometime's I think Kim wasn't too fond of that, but she had to just suck it up and live with it. We weren't exactly friends but we weren't enemies either.

Marshall also changed his stage name, well the spelling of it at least. He was now Eminem. He was determined to make a name for himself. Proof, the guys and myself all supported him with his battles. I remember his very first under ground battle. He got boo'd off the stage and it took him some time to just get back up there again after that.

Nate was the cutest toddler ever and I loved him like he was my little brother, well in some ways he was I guess. He turned 4this year and all the time I spent with him made me decide what I wanted to do with my life. I was going to study teaching for Pre School to grade 3. I loved kids and I felt comfortable around them. I also wasn't as shy anymore. I blame that on Marshall and Proof.

Kim didn't like Nate all that much, it's like she was jealous of everyone else that Marshall gave attention to. She wanted him all to herself. I didn't get that. Well back to my future. I was busy packing my last few things right now for NYU. Yeah I got in and even got a scholarship. It was awesome so with all the money I saved up I could buy myself a car, it wasn't much but it got me from a to b and a small apartment in New York. I was leaving Sunday, today was Friday.

"I can't believe you're leaving me Ky." Marshall said coming into my room and plopping down on my bed. I smiled down at him and moved my bag to go lie down next to him.

"It's not like its forever Marshmallow." I said turning to face him. Yes that name stuck and he actually didn't mind it that much. He was more handsome now that he was older and his hair was shaved short. He also had two tattoo's. A Gothic bracelet design around his left wrist, he was drunk when he got that and on his right wrist he had a tattoo that said 'Slit Me'. He wanted me to get one too but I was way too chicken shit.

"That's what you say now." He said frowning. I rolled my eyes and moved so that me head was on his chest.

"I promise you I'll come back. I'll miss you guys way too much to not come back." He sighed and put his arms around me. I smiled and enjoyed this moment, it was nice. Oh yeah I was totally crushing on my best friend. But I brushed it off as a silly hormonal thing.

"I'll come fetch you if you don't come back after 4years. You'll visit though right?" He asked and I turned my face up to look at him.

"Of course I will." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Good. Now come on. We need to get going." He said sitting up then pulling me with him. I sat up and sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair. "Come on." He said pulling on my hand. I got up and then grabbed my favourite hoodie as we left my room.