Chapter 18

Noel POV

Colton took me on the rich side of Miami. Flashing lights were everywhere. You probably don't believe me but I have been on this side of town like twice.

"Close your mouth. You acting like you never seen Miami." He said while driving.

"Shit I ain't! I'm used to seeing the hood side." I shrugged.

"That's too bad boo." He shook his head sadly.

"Is that my sister?" I pointed out at the couple eating burgers under an umbrella outside a restaurant.

"Yea and August." He said.

"I don't want to see her! She embarrassed the hell out of me at school!" I tried not thinking about the time Blue put me on front street.

"What happened?" He asked while passing right by them.

"You happened nigga! She let the whole school know I'm fucking like I'm a hoe or some shit! everybody ain't able to be pure like her." I crossed my arms.

"Pure? That ain't what August told me." Colton tried not to laugh. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Hold up? August fucked my sister and bragging about it?!" I tried not to get crunk right away.

"Calm your lil behind down. He accidentally told Lia, Ty, and I." He shrugged. See now I'm getting mad.

"You don't accidentally say you fucked somebody! I'm gone fuck that nigga up on sight! Turn this car around!" I grabbed the wheel and we swerved everywhere.

"Let the wheel go!" Colton yelled right before striking me across my face.

The car stopped

I sat there holding my face in total shock. This nigga just hit me.

"Baby I'm sorry." He pulled me to him. I was too surprised to move. This nigga really just stole off my ass.

"Please say something." He pulled me into his lap. He looked so sorry and pitiful.

"Let me go." I crawled back to my side and sat there pouting.

"You was gone kill both of us! I had to tame your lil ass." He said in his defense.

"You ain't shit and August ain't either. I knew I shouldn't have trusted rich ass niggas like y'all. Y'all don't respect shit! Oh but y'all gone respect me and my sister! You know what? Just take me home. We done for the night." I snapped.

He looked at me in disbelief. He look like he just saw a ghost.

"Close your mouth homie. You act like you never seen Miami." I mimicked him.

Blue POV

My phone was buzzing all night I decided to ignore it since I was out with August. We were now walking the sandy beach at night. I held my heels in one hand and his hand in another.

"I enjoyed you tonight." I admitted. I never really trust men or even let them get close to me but I like August. He special.

"I enjoyed yo fine ass too girl." He licked them big pink lips.

"I got a question." I stopped in my tracks causing him to stop. He had this uncomfortable look on his face as if he's in trouble.

"Wassup." He said calmly.

"Why are you here?" I simply asked.

"18 years ago my mom gave birth to-"

"No fool! I'm talking about why you in the hood?" I laughed because he was about to tell his life story.

"Ohhhh! Ma and da say it's closer to their jobs." He shrugged. We sat on this log admiring the shiny sea.

"What do you like to do?" I asked out the blue.

"Uhhhh. I like being with you. When I'm with you I get this feeling of comfort like I can be myself." He said.

I couldn't help but smile when he said that. I never had a boy tell me that other than my dead ex. And even with him I didn't feel what I feel when I'm with August.

"I love you." He kissed my cheek.

"I love you too." I blushed.

My phone buzzed again. I guess I might as well answer it because whoever this is won't stop calling.

"Hello?!" I answered without looking at the name.

"Hey sweetie." This heavy voice answered.

"Who is this?" I turned my nose up.

"Girl don't act like u don't know." He smacked his lips.

"Uh I'm about to let you talk to my boyfriend in a few." I snapped.

"Who is that?" August asked. I humped my shoulders.

"It's Rodge!" He said. It took a second for it to click in to me. Rodge goes to Florida State and he is trying to help me get a scholarship there.

"Man I didn't know who you were." I giggled. August burned my face with his eyes.

"You should be expecting something in the mail from them sometime this week." He said. I jumped up and did my happy dance.

"Who is that on the phone?" August asked with a straight face. I said my goodbyes to Rodge and hung up.

"A boy I know that attend Florida State. He gone get me in!" I said excitedly. All he did was stare at me. The look he gave me wasn't a everyday look. It really made me feel uncomfortable.

"Stop looking at me like that!" I shifted in my seat.

"And what exactly are you doing for him to make him give you this scholarship?" He snapped.

I can't believe this. August don't even trust me! Now it should be me not trusting his rich ass around these other bitches! Then I walk in and Leslie claiming she pregnant and shit. My body reacted before my mind and I flipped the table over on him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He yelled. He had drinks and food all over him.

"How dare you make me sound like a hoe?! That's why I don't fuck with your kind now!" I kicked him and poured the last of my drink on him before storming off.

I don't even know where I'm going. I just want to get away from life!