Chapter 3

Blue POV

I sat in 5th period listening to the lecture our Geometry teacher was giving. I couldn't help but notice how August kept staring at me.

"What is you looking at?!" I whispered yelled.

"Not you." He turned his nose up. I should punch him right in his nose.

"Whatever. Just keep your eyes and thoughts to yourself." I snapped.

"Blue and August, do you two have something to share with the class?" Mr. Randle asked causing the whole class to turn back to us. Black folks so nosey!

"No sir." I said.

"Yea so everyone can turn around." August said. People began whispering about him. Do he not know what these thugs will do to rich boys like him in the hood?!

"Okay well hush." Mr. Randle said before turning back to the board. A piece of paper was thrown onto my desk by August. I unfolded the paper and read the note. He was asking me if I was coming over to clean his house. I simply wrote back no and put it on his desk. He gave me a funny look.

"Why not?" He whispered.

"My step daddy need me home." I said never looking up at him.

"Need you to do what?" He frowned.

"Mind your own business." I said. The bell rang to go to lunch. I walked out the class but unfortunately he caught up with me.

"Girl slow down." He said.

"Boy move." I pushed him slightly.

"Why you have to put your hands on me? I think you trying to sexually harass me!" He said loudly. I must admit that did make me laugh.

"Bout time I saw you smile!" He smirked.

"Why are you bothering me August? One minute you downgrading me and the next you hitting on me." We fell in the lunch line with everybody else.

"I don't know nobody on this side of town but you. So I might as well make friends with you." He smirked.

"Hell naw. You gone take yo lonely ass somewhere else and use somebody else!" I snapped. Thank god Lia and Noel approached us.

"Who are you?" August looked at Noel.

"Noel. Blue is my sister." She said.

"Dang it's three of y'all. I know Lia ain't y'all sister but she so mean like you, Blue." He said. I could ring his fucking neck out.

"Shut yo ass up before I do it for you." Lia rolled her eyes. Ever since she talked about Ace to me this morning she ain't been right.

"Bye hood rats." He laughed walking off.

"I can't stand this stupid ass school and city! I can't wait till I graduate and leave for the west coast!" Lia said angrily.

"Who you gone stay with on the west coast?" I asked.

"I been saving up money since the 9th grade. Remember I was working all those jobs and trying to juggle school at the same time. Plus since I've been working at Sports Edition and McDonald's for over four years they raised my pay." She said. Lia has her future all figured out unlike me. I might be stuck in Miami forever taking care of Ace and Noel. And maybe even still being a maid.

"You got your shit laid out." I said.

"Yea I was thinking ahead of time. I will go to a college on the west coast and have a small apartment. Plus I will get a job to add on to my money. And when I get my journalist job I will be paid." She smirked. She made it sound so easy when it's not. I don't even know what college I'm going to.