Chapter One A New Case

• Dédié à AllMyReaders!

Welcome to my new story Promiscuous! There will be mature content in this book you have been warned. Let me know what you all think of the cover. Sorry, I had to reword some things it kept flagging the chapter so I apologize for the all the notifications that I posted this like a dozen times haha.

I hope you all like this one and please let me know who you all picture in the way of casting once most the important characters are introduced. =D There is one I left out on purpose in this chapter.

This is dedicated to all my readers new and old, silent and talkative for supporting my work and most of all enjoying it. I hope I can keep entertaining! =D

*

*

A low guttural moan escaped my lips when the orgasm hit. I relaxed into the pleasurable sensations and convulsions stretching languidly on my bed basking in the satiated feeling. My partner, Bradley, placed light kisses on my bare shoulders. I could still feel how hard he was against my thigh as he curled up next to me.

“That was great babe.” Bradley’s voice was still heavy with labored breathing.

I almost rolled my eyes. I was not his ‘babe’ and he was not my only partner, he knew that. He had been getting more attached then I allowed lately, he knew that also. Maybe it was time to cut him loose.

Sitting up I pushed the thoughts to the side and grabbed the hair tie off my oak night stand and pulled the dirty blonde mess into a loose bun. Naked and yawning, I walked out of the room into the adjacent bathroom to clean up.

“I have an early appointment tomorrow, so time to go Brad,” I called from the bathroom and tried to put some playfulness in my tone. I did have a new client meeting the next day. Bradley understood, he was also a P.I. or Private Investigator with a local firm. Me, I worked independently.

“Come on Casey, let me spend the night just once.” He crooned when I emerged still watching me with hungry and horny eyes though I was dressing into my pajamas.

“You know the rules.” I leaned over him and put on a seductive smirk kissing him gently to soothe his disappointment. “No sleepovers,” I said huskily and picked up his pants stuffing them in his lap.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. No sleepovers, or testosterone fueled claims of ‘you’re mine’, no commitment,” he said and reluctantly got out of bed dressing himself. I chuckled lightly and lit a cigarette staring out my window at the sleeping vista of Southern California.

The lights of the city twinkled in the distance below my fifth story apartment. I didn’t quite live in Los Angeles but I was close enough that I could see downtown and beyond that, the grapevine. The only way to tell was the streak of yellow and red car lights that seemed to crawl upwards. As I watched the scene it began to lull me further into a sleepy state that my sexual satisfaction had started.

“Will I see you tomorrow, Mermaid?” Bradley asked. It annoyed me that he used the nickname he made up for my blue/green eyes and he only did so because I said no. I turned around and walked back to the bed snuffing out my cigarette. I really should quit.

“Maybe. If this new client meeting goes well I might try and start work right away. Then I would have to say no, again,” I tried to stifle another yawn and caught the time on my alarm clock. Just past midnight. Damn, had we been going at it for two hours? That must be why I keep him around.

“Right, always working.”

I looked up at him as he leaned over to kiss me goodnight and goodbye.