Chapter Nineteen: Epilogue

"I still don't understand why I have to go to this stupid dinner Helen," I said standing in a deep. rich purple cocktail dress with black high heels. I wore some dangling diamond earrings and matching necklace and smiled at my reflection. Helen stood behind me and tsked me for my stubborness and then walked away. I watched Mr. Wiggles snuggled on Daniel's pillows and smiled after not seeing him for months after Helen insist that her and Marc would watch him during that difficult time.

"Helen?" I said walking out of the bathroom and into Daniel and I's bedroom to see an annoyed Helen.

"Why all these questions?"

"Hey, just asking. I didn't know it was a crime."

"It's the most important dinner in this pack's entire history. We are finally combining with South American pack, the only other pack pack known,"

"Then the problem is..."

"That pack has a more...lenient ruling, but then has a very, very harsh punishment which usually involves death and/or torture."

"Why is Daniel doing this then?"

"I thought you knew,"

I sighed loudly and walked out of the room looking for Daniel. When I found him he was in the kitchen with his friends drinking before the dinner. I walked over to him and let his arms wrap around me and snuggled into his chest. No one seem to care about me being there, but they acknowledged that their Alpha female was present.

'Daniel...'

'Yes honey,' He said mentally.

'Why are we joining with the South American pack? You know we hate the South American pack.'

'I know,'

'Then why are you doing this?'

'It's better for us in the long run. Ruling side-by-side with the South American pack can assure us a safe place as their ally, and we will dominate.'

'I thought you didn't like sharing?'

'I don't, but this benefits you and my pack.'

'Fine, just wondering.' A sickening feel appeared in my stomach and I played it off, kissing Daniel and walking away. Back in my room, I told Helen what was going on, the nauseous feeling continuing to sicken me and make my vision blur.

"See you downstairs?" Helen said.

I nodded, afraid I might throw up on her if I spoke and I glad I didn't because as soon as she left, I booked it to the bathroom and threw up repeatedly. After cleaning up and brushing my teeth again. I felt like throwing up and I looked at my pale face in the mirror. I panicked searching the medicine cabinet and when I found it, I immediately used it.

It wouldn't be positive, I can't be. I've been on birthcontrol for almost 2 years and I don't think that his sperm is any different from normal sperm, besides the fact the the DNA contain in it can decided your fate as a werewolf our not, but I digress. I'm not pregnant, it's not even possible, let alone comprehendable.

I looked over nervously and saw a little pink minus sign and exhaled in relief. I laughed picking up the pregnancy test and noticed another pink line slowly, but surely, fading in next to the first line. My smiled faltered and my insides turned with anxiety and confusion. I was pregnant. I can't be, I just...can't. Not now, not this time, Daniel and I have even really talked about a baby, yes we want kids, but I'm barely eighteen and this isn't how I expected it.

I hope Daniel's happy about this.

~

So the meeting with held at a restaurant in the city, and Daniel I sat with the South American Alpha and his mate. They weren't as intimidating as everyone made them out to be, but Daniel held me close and I didn't say anything to him or the couple across us, I was too worried about the child growing inside of me right now. Daniel and the South American Alpha, Ralph, left to discuss more important matters at the bar after dinner, which I could care less, which left me with Ralph's mate, Jasmine.