Chapter Sixteen: But Dad...

Waking up angry and sad at the arugment Daniel and I had. After all he say about dying for me, and loving me to no end and about nothing and no one will change the way we feel about each. I opened and fell for him, I'm so stupid! I knew this would happen! He said I could trust him, that he'll never do something like this to me. That he loved me. Bullshit. He's second guessing about me because he had killed a guy who tried to rape me and kill him and his mother.

I showered and walked back to my normal room and found Daniel sleeping heavily like a rock. I rolled my eyes and grabbed some clothes and shoes for me to wear. It was the middle of August and still the weather never broke higher than 85 degrees. I dressed in the hallway, not caring if Daniel saw me or not. Gray skinny jeans, a light blue tank top was all I got on before Daniel's phone was ringing. He left it in his orignial room. I walked in, stepping over the debris and answering.

"Hello?" I asked the unknown caller.

"Is this Daniel?" And feminie voice asked. I pang of jealousy set in.

"No, this is his fiancée. How may I help you?"

"Oh, this is Gabrielle?"

"Yes."

"Well, I Diana Javack, I'm the DNA analyst."'

"Oh," My voice lightened. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, we dug around the relatives of the partial match and found your father."

"That's great," I said.

"Yes, you can come down to my office and I have all the paper work on him." She said. " lI'm on 134 Oak Road it in town. You know how to get there?"

"One of the cars have GPS," I said. "I can figure it out."

"Well I'm open till four p.m., so come down whenever is convinent to you." She said.

"Okay, thanks."

"Bye, see you later."

"Okay, bye." I said and hung up. 134 Oak Road. I have to remember that address. I quickly went back into my room and quickly and quietly pulled out some gray Vans. I slipped them both on and scurried to the garage. I picked out the Land Rover again and grabbed the keys from the key rack Daniel keeps on the wall. I unlocked it, climbed in, and put in the location. I put it in drive and rolled down the drive way.

"Take a left, onto Johnson Street and drive 10.2 miles. Then turn on to Kenmore Court."

"Okay GPS." I said and followed the instructions. Maybe I should have told Daniel where I was going, and if he wakes up, he'll be worried sick.

Screw him.

"Hi Gabrielle," I pregnant woman said as soon as I walked in. "I'm Diana."

"Hi," I greeted and seeing her swollen stomach set in memories on when I talked to Daniel about how I might want his kids...and I kind of do. I mean it's hard for you to love someone after my situation, but it's just a equally hard to fall out of love. I mean I did spent the summer with him and all of his ' Danielness' and he did grow kinder to me than when we first met. He did save me, and tried to protect me with his mark. He did try a lot.

"So as you can see," She handed me a folder. "His is the partial DNA we got after uploading to the database and running it. Peter Reynolds was collared for meth distrubation, and after looking in his family, he only has one brother and their father died 3 years ago."

I have an criminal uncle and dead grandfather. Great.

"Your father, just had some blood test done and we were able to get some and match the chromosomes to yours perfectly. Here's his information."