Chapter Eighteen: The Big Day...And Night

You know that feeling you get when you are about to speak in front of a lot of people and your throat close, hands sweat, mind races, and body shakes? Well getting married is about thousands times worse than that and you sort of die. Well not in the literal sense, but a part of you dies from nervousness and you want the world to end right about now but you know that the mid-morning weather in late August day is about perfect so no stopping this.

"You look great! I can't believe this is finally happening! I'm going to be a mother-in-law! Just imagine my beautiful grand babies!" Helen shouted excitedly as she watch the stylist pin up my glossy locks into a thick bun. I sighed when she continued.

"Helen," Marc drawled. "Lets go see Daniel now,"

"Fine, but I'll be back." She squealed taking off.

"She's annoying," The stylist said in a thick Romanian accent. "So, so, so annoying."

"I agree, I need her to be relaxed right now and she's being a ten year old girl."

"Agree." She nodded. "I'm done, you're ready to be marry now."

"Thanks," I got up, fixing my gown. It was the simplest I could convince Helen to get me. It was a strapless white with matching high heel peep toe shoes. The bodice was covered with diamonds and pearls and I begged for Helen to let me pick out the dress but she had this plan for eleven years, which scared me a little.

After Dan proposed to me, we waited a few days to tell his parents and when we did, Helen snatched me away and started wedding planning with me. Well more like dragged me everywhere while she used me like a mannequin for dresses and tasting cake. I gave several helpless look at Dan he was was pull back by Marc who smiled and waved. He loved me being tortured.

Finally the big day, with orange, pink, and white has been chosen for the color scheme and Helen absolutely loves how it blends perfectly with my hair and dress. She so eager to do this she, it was easy to let her do everything and had no worries. Appointments were made, dresses where designed, seating charts placed, flowers ordered, ballrooms booked, everything that needed to be done was done and now all I needed to do was walk down the aisle, recite a few lines, and kiss Daniel. No biggie, so simple.

I couldn't move my feet as the music started playing. I peered out and saw Daniel next to his close friends and father. Helen and Daniel's friends' mates waited besided her. I locked up, I was afraid to commit. I can't.

No...I will. I'm tried of being afraid and Daniel does love me and I love him! I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him and need to stop being a baby about this and start walking! I caught my breath and exhaled sharply before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You're okay, lets do this Gabrielle." I started walking and turned the corner to the entrance and where I began to start walking. My dress train fell perfectly in step with me and I blocked down everyone else, but Daniel. I could see the smile on his face, the geniune happiness that reflected.

'He wants to do this too,' I repeated to myself. 'He loves you.'

Marc and Helen smiled also, but my stomach knots became tighter and tighter as I neared. It seem to take an eternity to reach the front, but when I did, everything but Daniel seemed to disappear. His hands held mine and I heard the priest speaking words from the Bible.

He face me and said, "Gabrielle, do you take Daniel to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold in sickness or in health until death do you part?"

I exhaled slowly. "I do."

He face Daniel. "Daniel, do you take Gabrielle as your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold in sickness or health until death do part?"