Chapter Five: No Means No

"I have rules." I said wearily.

"Oh really?" He said right behind me. "Go ahead. I'll tell you if I like them or not."

"They're not something you can approve of Daniel, they're my rules."

"We'll see."

" 1.) Don't touch me inappropriately when and where you want."

"That's not going to work out--"

"2.) We sleep in different rooms and you do not come in mine whenever you want to."

"See that's not--"

"3.) Don't touch my stuff. 4.) When I say no, I absolutely mean no. Understand?"

"Maybe," He rolled his eyes. "You need to lighten up."

"How would you like it if someone kept randomly feeling you up in the first 2 days you met them?"

"If it was you," He smiled. "I wouldn't have a problem."

"You're so arrogant."

"Am I?" He stepped closer, making me press against the fridge. "I don't see it."

"Don't touch me."

"I'm not, if you can tell." His body just barely hovered mine, but he was right he wasn't exactly touching me. It made me very uncomfortable though.

"Get away from me." I ordered.

"You're no fun." He whined.

"This isn't a fun situation." I snapped. "I just had my whole life ruined and you to worried about getting into my pants. I don't like you, I don't even know you! One might even say I hate you but am to afraid to run because well 1. You can easily catch me, and 2. You can easily kill me. Maybe you should kill me because I want to die-"

His hand clamped over my mouth roughly and shoved me harder into the fridge, hurting my back.

"Don't you ever say that. Everyone will miss you, and if I find out you tried to kill yourself I will personal tied you down so you'll never hurt yourself ever. Understand?"

I didn't reply, I just adverted my eyes to towards the sink next to us. I not going to lie, maybe killing myself isn't the answer. I have been so keen on killing myself I haven't noticed that the time I tried to jump out the window Daniel was there to save me.

"Gabrielle, if you ever try to kill yourself I swear--" I still ignored him.

He grew angry and punched the fridge leaving a large dent in it. I jumped out of my skin when I saw that. Why did he have to do that? So what if I didn't answer, this guy has anger issues. He pulled back, rubbing his chiseled face with his large hands and paced around before coming back to my face and putting his hands on each side of my head and coming millimeters from my face.

"Okay," I said after yanking his hand away. "Fine I won't." I moved to the sink where I could stare out to the backyard with excellent patio setting and a nice grilling/lounging area. Behind that was straight forest just like my house and probably extended more than mine.

"Gabrielle don't do that to me." He said coming up from behind me, but not touching me. "I'll care about you more than you think--"

"Stop saying that because you don't. You'll never love me like you say and as soon as you get into my pants all of this touching and wanting me is going to end you can move on to the next one. I might not be social; but I know about men and their games."

"I'll never do that."

"I know," I looked over my shoulder. "That's why I'm not going to ever be with you. This ridiculous invisible engagement is a sham and there's not going to be a wedding...ever."