The annoying, hot GYm teacher and me21

I nodded and grabbed the phone, KW. KW. Who could that be.

A flash back went through my mind,

"I'm Katrina Wells. Cortez's ex-wife."

KW. KW was Katrina Wells.

The phone slipped from my hands twice tonight.

********

I straightened the papers on my desk and put them in the drawer.

Last night I couldn't fall asleep. Pictures of Cortez and His ex together. In bed. I drew in a sharp breath and told myself to concentrate on my work, and stop thinking about him.

I was done with him.

I was busy typing a report when Cortez walked in.

Cortez POV-

I felt my stress go down on just seeing her. She was so beautiful.

I closed the door and went up to her and planned to kiss right here and now.

I put my hand on her shoulder ready to turn her around, when her whole body tensed. She didn't even turn around and greet me with a kiss as she always did. She seemed cold,

Panic started in me.

I let go of her and turned her so she faced me. She looked at me and her mouth was in a grim line as were her eyes, cold.

My forehead creased,

"Baby? What's wrong?" I asked cautiously, my heart starting to pound in my chest wondering what was wrong.

Maybe she was pregnant. I froze and waited as she opened her mouth,

She gave me a fake smile and laughed without humor,

"Nothing's wrong. Why would something be wrong?" She said quietly and gave her back to me.

Anger started through my body. What the Hell?

"Angel, baby.-"

"Don't call me that!" She hissed and stood, stalking out of the office.

More panic and confusion consumed me. What was wrong? Where did the smiles and laughter go?

I started after her, demanding to know what the hell her problem was.

Gems POV-

I could feel my hands and body shaking with anger as I poured coffee into a mug in the break room. Barley keeping it from spilling.

The look on his face as he stared at me acting all innocent. I grabbed a seat and watched as he stormed in and close the door.

I sipped my coffee and set it down, facing him as he walked over to me. My face was emotionless as I watched him sit,

"What the hell is the matter with you?" He asked incredulously, scratching his head and looking at me.

I laughed with out humor and raised a eyebrow,

"Don't sit there and act all innocent, Cortez. Because your not." I spat. He sat up straighter and grabbed my wrists, I tried to take them away, but his grasp tightened,

"I have absolutely no fucking idea what you are talking about!" He exploded and his face softened," Tell me what I did wrong." He whispered.

"Where's your phone?" I said quietly and yanked my hands from his grip and paced the room.

"My phone? What does my phone have to do-"

"It has everything! Are you sure you don't have somewhere to go, Cortez? Remember safety first!" I spit out, my heart broken. It made me more angry that his expression looked so confused.