The annoying, hot GYm teacher and me25

I stared at a grim looking Cortez from the hospital bed. He didn’t look at me as he stared out the window. We waited for the doctor’s news on what happen. He stood there calm but grim, while I was pounding with panic inside. He’s going to find out and kill me.

 I opened my mouth but closed it when the door burst open, a smiling Dr. Farris bursting in.

 “Ah. Mr. Cortez. It’s a pleasure. I’m a huge fan.” The doctor smiled at Cortez, who didn’t shake the offer hand, only nodded and leaned against the window seal.

 “Anyway, Gem your condition is much better than it was yesterday. I would also like to conclude that your baby is fine. Healthy and-“

 “Baby,” Cortez’s sharp voice pierced my ears, causing me to freeze.  I watched as his body became stiffer than it already was.” What baby?”

The doctor’s eyebrows rose and he glanced back down at his clipboard,

  “The baby that Gem over there is having. Already three weeks along.”

  Cortez swung his accusing gaze towards me, I stared back. Heart pounding. With his gaze still on me,

  “Doctor, will you give us a minute.” He said quietly and deadly. It wasn’t a question. The doctor was out in a flash.

  “Who’s baby is it?” He bit out. I raised up, my hand out to him,

“Adrian let me explain, I-“
“Who’s fucking baby!” he shouted at me, causing me to jump, tears coming to my eyes.

  “Yours…” I whispered and looked away, anywhere but him.

  “When?” He raised his voice. “Gem! When we’re going to tell me?”

  “I don’t k-know-” I broke off with a sob,” I was scared. I-I…”

  “You what?  Going to keep it a fucking secret? Going to find some other guy, so he can raise him instead of me?”

  I just sat there, looking at him silent; not knowing what to say.

  He sat in a chair, head in hands, his fingers clenched in his black hair. I wanted to go out to him, but knew he would push me away.

  We stayed like for what seemed an hour. Saying nothing. Staring mutely at each other and in space.

 Suddenly Cortez stood and stormed out of the room. Not looking back.

The tears came again, as I lay on my side. Everything was going to be okay. But I knew I was lying to myself.

**

   I woke with a startle, when my door slammed open, a stony Cortez striding in, a priest walking behind him; bible in hand.

  I looked at him confused, getting to my feet,” w-what is this? Adrian, what are you doing?” I swallowed hard and glanced at the priest, who was opening his bible,” W-why is he here?”

  Cortez yanked off his jacket throwing it on the bed, and grasped my hand, yanking me toward the priest stopping but inches in front of him.

 I watched startled as Cortez nodded towards the priest. The priest started speaking; before it all progressed in me I realized he was speaking wedding vows. I yanked my hand away from Cortez.

“Hell no, I am not marrying you.” I bit out sharply. I was a having his baby, but was not going to marry him.

He didn’t even glance my way when he talked,