CHAPTER 10: A SLEEPING BEAUTY

The week is finally over and I will be home alone for the whole weekend. The past days I tried to avoid all my friends, except for Macy. She stayed with me the whole week, even when I yelled at her that she had to go. I am actually happy she refused to leave me. I really needed someone to talk to. I miss my friends, especially Camila but after what happened with Thomas I was too afraid to see them. I was ashamed of myself. How could I ever think about killing a boy, even when he kidnapped someone. I am glad he ignored my text. I left the park after an hour of talking to Nathan to go home, but he wouldn't listen to me. He just waited there, sitting on a small hill which was overgrown with grass in the middle of the park. He acted so strange it made my body shiver. The next day he stood in front of my house to apologize for his latest behavior. He said he didn't meant to act like that. I guess he was just as stressed out as me back then. The weird thing of this all is that I haven't seen Thomas since the day Nathan apologized to me. Not even a glimpse of his muscled body. Also Camila is not around me anymore. I tried to text her but she ignores my messages. I hope she is not afraid of me because of what I wanted to do. Well not wanted, more like considered. That actually sounds just as bad as wanting...

Maya and Jason are getting closer and closer every day. Even when they are not together. I wish them all the love in the world, but sometimes they are too clingy to be around. I often tease them by calling them Mason but they think it's cute and that makes them even more annoying. When I see them together I only miss Camila more. I still have no clue why I keep thinking about her. I have a special connection with her. I wonder what she thinks about me. The last thing I want is that she thinks I am crazy, or stupid, or annoying. I need to make it up to her. I can't lose her right now.

'Jayden what time is Macy coming over?' Jake takes a sip of his glass of milk. 'In less than fifteen minutes. Why?' I run my hand through my long wavy hair. 'I heard Jackson is throwing a party and-' I interrupt him. 'No Jake, you are not allowed to go to his party tonight. Mom and Michael wants us to stay at home.' I try to sound stern and act like I am the boss. The boy gives me a disappointed look while he is sitting on the other side of the table with arms crossed. 'By the way, isn't that the guy who always goes to the "Girls restroom" to fix his hair because the mirrors are cleaner there?' I have to laugh by the idea of a boy who walks into the restroom of the girls like it's the most normal thing in the world. Who even does that sort of things? 'Jackson is the most popular guy at school. Come on Jayden, he invited me. Yes you heard me, HE invited ME. If I go that means I won't be the loser of the school anymore. Pleaseeee let me go. I will be back before midnight.' He begs me. 'I don't get why he is even popular. The next time he visits the girls' restroom I will ask him if he need a tampon.' Jake spills his milk after almost choking. 'But... You can go.' I decide to be the fun sister tonight. My parents probably won't even notice he went to that party. Jake gives me a tight hug and runs upstairs to his room to change. The last time I got a hug of him was when I was five and grandma forced us to pose in a hug for the new Christmas card. That stupid card is still hanging on a wall in her house.

My thoughts get interrupted by the sound of an incoming message on my phone. I drop myself on the couch and unlock my phone. I pray that it's a message of Camila but what I see next makes my body shiver. "ONE MESSAGE FROM UNKNOWN". I am too scared to open it and lay my phone back on the table. At the same moment I get another message. I turn my phone over to see who sent it. Another message of Unknown... My hands get sweaty and shaky by unlocking my phone once again. I feel the goosebumps all over my arms and neck. I take a deep breath and open Messenger.

UNKNOWN: 'How's your cut?' - 06:30pm

UNKNOWN: 'Putting your phone away will not save your life.' - 06:32pm