CHAPTER 3: MY MESSAGE TO YOU

My phone buzzes. "1 MESSAGE OF Unknown" I unlock my phone.

Unknown: 'Hi it's me.' - 08:21pm

Me: 'Who? ;)' - 08:22pm

Unknown: 'You are just like Maya LMAO.' - 08:22pm

Me: 'lmao?' - 08:23pm

Unknown: 'It means Laugh My A** Off.' - 08:24pm

Me: 'That makes sense. Is Maya still with u?' - 08:24pm

I add her to my contacts. For a moment I feel pure happiness. It's like how I felt when I met my first best friend. I remember how I felt when I met Macy. The feeling of not being alone anymore... There is something about Camila that makes her different from my other friends. I don't know what makes her different, but she is special to me.

Camz: 'No she just left. I changed your name in Jay :)' - 08:25pm

Me: 'Oh god Camz! Seriously? Did you just give me a nickname?!' - 08:25pm

Camz: 'Aww you called me Camz. That sounds so much cuter than Mila lmao. But now Maya is going to ship us again XD.' - 08:25pm

Me: 'Yeah!' - 08:26pm

Camz: 'Nicknames means friends? Right?' - 08:26pm

Me: 'I hope so. I have to go but I will text you later.' - 08:26pm

Camz: 'Byee FRIEND ;)' - 08:26pm

I place my phone on my nightstand. My head is filled with questions. The last couple of days I am so confused. Why am I thinking of Camila? Why am I thinking of a girl? It must be puberty or something. In a couple weeks I will meet a hot boy and he will be the only thing I am thinking about. Camila is just a friend. I never liked a girl before so why should I like a girl right now? No, she is just a friend and I think of her because she always leaves me with a head full of questions. She is mysterious. I still don't get why she bumped into me, twice. Besides, why is Maya so protective and concerned? Why is Maya shipping us so hard? Does Camila like me? Why do I like the feeling of her liking me? Do I like her? Oh my God, I am so confused. I try to tell myself to calm down. 'I am Jayden Hale, 18 years old and I live in Miami. I want to start my own record label and make music myself. I want a beautiful house, a sweet husband and three children.' I take a deep breath and close my eyes. It's going to be alright. After talking to myself for an hour I finally fall asleep.

It's Friday. I didn't go to school yesterday because I had fever. Camila texted me the whole day but I ignored her. I needed some time alone. After school Jacob and Macy came over and we watched five episodes of Friends. I am so happy to have friends like them. This morning I feel myself better but I didn't want to go to school yet. Michael had given me permission to stay at home today. He went to his work later so he could make me breakfast. He is trying so hard to get me to like him and maybe I do like him. It's just hard to see one of your parents with someone else. Michael gave up his whole life so he can take care of us. Two children that aren't even his own. I should be more kind to him. He has a good heart. I roll out of my bed and change my clothes. Sweatpants and a wide shirt will do. I go to the kitchen and grab my phone. "13 MESSAGES FROM: CAMZ" I know I can't ignore her forever. She is probably worried about me and she means no harm. Don't be scared. I take a deep breath and unlock my phone.

Camz: 'Heyy' - 08:40am

Camz: 'Where are you? Are you at school?' - 08:40am

Camz: 'Are you alright?' - 08:54am