Twins

A week later Minerva still hadn’t told anyone about the pregnancy other than her great grandmother, and she didn’t even remember that because after that wonderful day her granny went straight back to her confused, suicidal self.

But Minerva knew she had to tell people, she had to at least tell her husband.

So one day Minerva left the hospital at 6pm, she was home in time to tuck up her son in bed, she even had time to read him his favorite story, The Warlock’s hairy heart.

She kissed her son lightly on the forehead and walked down stairs to talk to her husband.

“Is he asleep?” Teddy asked, smiling at his wife.

“Yeah, look Teddy we need to talk.” Minerva said, sitting down beside him.

“Baby what’s wrong?” he asked her, looking alarmed and grabbing her hand.

“I’m pregnant Teddy.” Minerva said, avoiding his gaze.

“Really? That’s wonderful!” he exclaimed, moving in to kiss her.

“No it’s not Teddy!” she said, pushing Teddy away from her.

“Why not?” he asked her, looking confused.

“Molly died, what if this baby does too?” Minerva cried sadly.

“Minerva, it won’t die, nothing will happen to you because I will be by your side every second of every day, I will protect you both with my life!” Teddy said, putting his hand on Minerva’s flat stomach protectively.

Minerva melted into her husband’s arms, thinking to herself that with him at her side this may just be a wonderful thing.

6 months later Minerva McGonagall was still at St Mungo’s hospital, and her great granddaughter still went to visit her every day. Since Minerva had told her husband that she was pregnant Teddy hadn’t left her side for a single moment, Minerva loved this because when he was there she felt like her and her child was safe.

Minerva hated being pregnant; she was on edge every second and her stomach was so abnormally big that she could barely see her feet!

Every day after visiting her granny Minerva and Teddy would walk out of the ward together, hand in hand. But one day they were about to open the door when a healer accidentally pushed it at the same time and it slammed into Minerva’s stomach, hard.

“Minerva are you ok?!” Teddy asked her, looking alarmed and very scared.

“I think so.” She had, running her hands along her stomach.

Suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

“Aaggghh!” she cried out

“Minerva!” Teddy exclaimed anxiously, wiping out his wand and making a wheel chair appear from thin air. Teddy immediately grabbed the chair and pushed his wife towards the maternity ward.

“Please help us, I think my baby might be hurt!” Teddy shouted, running his hand through his hair helplessly as it turned the dark black it usually did when he was scared.

A healer quickly took Minerva into a private room, Teddy right behind them.

Teddy watched anxiously as the healer laid Minerva on the bed and started performing spells over her stomach. It felt like he was waiting there for hours.

“The babies are fine, they weren’t even touched.” The healer said with a relaxing smile.

“Excuse me, did you say babies?” Minerva asked her, shocked.

“Yes you are expecting twins, did you not know?” the healer asked, looking very confused.

“No we didn’t.” Teddy said, a smile forming on his face.

“I’ll leave you two alone, don’t worry you are completely fine.” The healer said, putting her hand on Minerva’s shoulder before exiting the room.

“We’re having twins!” Teddy exclaimed delightedly to his wife, going over to the bed and kissing her gently.

Minerva smiled back at her husband, she was delighted in some ways but she couldn’t help but worry about the fact that she now had two babies to protect.