The Graveyard

Teddy and Minerva were sitting together in a carriage on the Hogwarts express with 8 month old Remus asleep in Teddy's arms.

"Come home with me this summer." Teddy said suddenly.
"I can't Teddy. You know that! My mum didn't tell anyone about Remus, Harry and Ginny have no idea you even have a girlfriend, never mind one who is their best friend's secret daughter that you got pregnant!" Minerva exclaimed.
"We don't have to tell them that you are auntie Hermione's daughter. Please Minerva, I really want them to meet you and Remus." said Teddy, pleading with her. The look in his eyes was so heart breaking, she didn't want to disappoint him.
"Yes, we'll come Teddy." she said, giving him a small smile. The delight in his eyes immediately told her she had made the right decision.
They spent this rest of the ride back to London whispering quietly about their plans (Remus was asleep).

Minerva went quickly home to her grandma and grandpa’s house to introduce them to their great grandson. They were pleased to finally get to meet him and they spent the next week doting over him, her grandma bought him countless baby grows and toys in some muggle shops near her work.

A week after summer started Minerva had all her and Remus's things packed, ready for Teddy to bring them to his home. She was so pleased to see him when he arrived, it felt like they had been apart for a years.

"Hey baby." Teddy said, picking her up and spinning her round while kissing her passionately.

"Oh I missed you Teddy!" she said, he never wanted him to leave her sight again. He then went over to Remus and gave his son a huge hug.

"I missed you guys so much." he said as he perched his son on his hip.

"Have you told them yet?" Minerva asked him.

"No, I want it to be a surprise." Teddy said, but he looked very nervous about the prospect of telling them.

"Well then lets go." Minerva said, using her wand to pick up all their stuff.

"Could we make a little stop on the way there first?" Teddy asked her. She could see that whatever it was it was very important to him, so she immediately agreed.

Teddy brought them to a small village she had never been in before. He led them down many different roads and alleys until they reached a small church with a graveyard behind it. Minerva didn't say a word as Teddy led her to a point right in the centre. He kneeled down in front of a large headstone, there was an indent in the grass as if someone had spent a lot of time in that exact spot, and he sat Remus on the ground in front of him. Minerva looked at the headstone, it read:

Remus and Nymphadora (Tonks) Lupin

Beloved parents
R.I.P

“Hey mum, dad, this is my son. I called him Remus after you dad. I know you would have been proud of him and loved him as much as I know you loved me, I really wish you could have watched us both grow up. You would have loved Minerva too, she's my girlfriend. She's strong and beautiful, just like you mum. I just wish you could watch Remus grow up to be as wonderful as his grandparents."

Minerva watched this silently, tears quickly falling from her eyes.

"I really wish they could have been here for this Minerva. That's why I wanted to do it here, so they could be." he said, turning round to her.

"What are you talking about Teddy?" she asked, picking Remus up from the ground. Teddy put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a little white box, he opened it to reveal a dazzling diamond ring.

"Minerva Malfoy Granger, will you marry me?"