Who are you?

They appeared in St. Mungo’s moments later, Mrs. Weasley, Teddy and Remus were already there.

“Minerva!” Teddy cried, he looked relieved to see her and immediately ran over and hugged her. Minerva felt so much better to have him in her arms, he would always sooth her.

“How is she Teddy?” Minerva asked him. She was so frightened.

“My mum and dad are in with her now, she’s talking normally so it seems like a good day for her.” Teddy said. He was so glad that she was ok for his wife to see her; he couldn’t bear for his wife to have the heartache of seeing her granny forget her name or something horrible like that.

Teddy took Minerva’s hand and together they went into the ward, closely followed by Hermione. Draco waited outside with Mrs. Weasley and Remus.

“Hermione, Minerva! There are my girls!” She said, holding out her arms to them as soon as they walked into the ward.

Minerva McGonagall was sitting up in bed, she had a pleasant smile on her face, but she was pale, and Harry and Ginny looked scared.

“Hi grandma.” Hermione said, kissing her grandmother gently on the cheek.

“Hey granny.” Minerva said, also kissing her on the cheek.

“How was your holiday?” She asked, pretending like nothing was wrong.

“It was great grandma, but we are more worried about you at the moment!” Hermione said, sitting down in a seat beside the bed.

“I’m fine, it’s not that bad darling, honestly.” She said, giving Hermione a reassuring smile, it didn’t convince any of them.

They sat there with her for the rest of the day, people coming and going, Hermione and Minerva were the only ones that never left.

All day she was fine, she talked to them like normal, they talked about the past, about when Hermione was at school, when Minerva was at school and even when she herself was at school.

Minerva loved listening to her granny’s stories; they made her feel so calm and relaxed.

Hours after they had arrived at the hospital Minerva finally fell asleep, it seemed like years since she had met the Cardoso family on the beach in France.

Minerva dreamt about that little girl. Sabrina. But in her mind the little girl’s hair was a bright pink. She was beautiful. Ever since Minerva had found out about her great grandmother’s illness most other things had been pushed out of her mind, there were even moments when she forgot about the pain of loosing Molly, but it came flooding back in her dream, and the pain was worse than ever.

What felt like seconds later Minerva woke up to see that her mother was fast asleep. Minerva sat up, wiping her eyes. She looked over at the bed where are granny had lay, but now the bed was empty.

“Granny?” She called out, standing up quickly. She looked swiftly around the ward, there were lots of full beds, but not a single person was awake.

Minerva was starting to panic now. She walked around the ward, and then out to talk to one of the healers, no one had seen her.

“Mum! Mum wake up!” Minerva said, shaking her mother’s shoulder vigorously.

“What is it, what’s wrong?” She mumbled, her eyes didn’t even open.

“I can’t find granny, I’m really worried mum!” Minerva cried.

Hermione’s eyes shot open at her daughter’s worried voice.

“What do you mean?” Her mother said, standing up.

“She’s gone, no one can find her!” Minerva said, running her hand through her hair.

“Don’t worry baby, we’ll find her.” Hermione said reassuringly, giving her daughter a swift hug, but she didn’t believe it.

The two women split up to search the hospital, they went everywhere.

Minerva walked outside into the garden and scanned over it so quickly she almost missed the old woman sitting on the ground beside the tree.

Minerva sighed with relief when she saw her granny.

“Granny, there you are!” Minerva said, a huge smile stretching across her face.

But when she saw her great grandmothers face her smile faded immediately. Her granny was sitting there staring into the distance with a blank expression; her face was covered in long bloody scratches.

“Granny what happened?” Minerva asked her shocked; she had never seen her great grandmother look so vulnerable.

“Who are you?”