Cancer

Minerva and Teddy were really excited about the birth of their next child; they could really enjoy this pregnancy, because they actually knew about it. They weren't the only ones excited, the whole household couldn't wait!

But a few weeks before Minerva's due date tragedy struck the burrow.

"Why didn't you tell me before Molly?" sobbed Arthur, taking her hand in his.

"I didn't want to worry you, I thought I'd be alright."

"You will be, we can fight this." he said, determination returning to his face.

"How will I tell the kids?" Molly asked her husband, this was what had frightened her most.

"Together, we will tell them together, you will never be alone Molly, I promise you that." said Arthur, kissing his wife's forehead.

Arthur walked out of the ward at St. Mungo’s; he broke down as soon as he was out of his wife's line of sight. He couldn't bear to loose his Molly, she was the family's rock, and without her there was no family.

He sat on the floor for a few minutes, just thinking, all the worst scenarios circulating through his head. Finally he decided he should call his family, so he sent out his patronus.

Within seconds his entire family was standing beside him.

"What's wrong dad, did you make your toe disappear trying to use a toaster again?" laughed George, but his face quickly sobered the second he saw his father's facial expression.

"Teddy, Minerva, will you take the kids to the cafe please" said Harry, handing her some money.

"Course dad, come on guys." Teddy said, taking Lily's hand as the others followed her.

"Dad you’re scaring us, what's happened?" asked Bill, grasping his wife's hand for support.

Without an answer Arthur lead his family into the ward where they were shocked to see their mother lying in a hospital bed, looking so thin and pale, she looked like she was an inch from death.

"Mum!" shouted Ron, being the first to run over and kneel at her bedside.

"Hello darling." She said, putting her softly hand through his bright orange hair.

"Kids, there's something you should know, your mother has cancer." said Arthur, sitting in the seat at her bedside.

"But they can treat this can't they? Magic can treat cancer!" said Hermione.

"Not this one, it resists magic, our only hope is muggle medicine." said Arthur, fighting to control his tears. Ginny started shaking as tears poured from her eyes like an endless waterfall.

"I'll be fine, they are doing everything they can." said Molly, taking Ginny's hand.

They all stood there, not a single person wasn't crying.

"Where are the kids, I want to see them." said Molly, trying to sit up.

"Are you sure your up to it mum?" asked George.

"Yes, I need to see them, just in case."

"I'll go." said Harry, wiping his tears.

"I'll come too." said Hermione. Fleur soon followed her. Now it was just Arthur Molly and their children, they needed some time together, after all these years Harry, Hermione and Fleur still felt like impostors at times like this.

"Hey guys." said Harry as he walked into the cafe and saw all 13 kids sitting around a table.

"What's happened mum?" asked Victoire giving her mum a hug.

"It's your grandmother, she's very ill, and she wants to see you all." Said Fleur to the family.

They walked back to the ward but before they reached the door Lily stopped and took her father's hand.

"I'm scared dad, what if she dies?" she said, he little eyes wide and filled with tears.

"Don't even think that that Lily, your grandmother is the strongest woman I know, and she will get through this!" said Harry, giving his daughter a hug. He hated to see the fear on his children's' faces. When they entered the ward Victoire gave out an involuntary gasp, she had never seen her grandmother look so weak and vulnerable.

Molly looked up and a huge smile stretched across her face as her grandchildren entered.

"Oh my darlings, come here." she said holding out her arms.

One by one they went up to her and gave her a hug, Teddy hung back with Minerva.

"Teddy, Minerva, what are you doing?" said Molly, giving him a stern look.

"I'm not your grandchild, I don't belong here." he said, looking down at the ground.

"I just married in." Minerva said, clutching her swollen stomach and trying not to cry

"The hell you don't, I love you both so much, it doesn't matter if it's not biological, I have always and will always love you." she said holding out her arms to them

"Don't die grandma!" Teddy said, running over and giving her a hug, tears falling freely from his eyes.

"Of course not baby, I'll be fine." she whispered into his ear, rocking him, as he sobbed in her arms.

Minerva hated seeing her husband like this.

Every day Molly's family went to visit her at St. Mungo's. They sat by her bedside and watched her get weaker by the second; it killed Minerva to watch her family go through it.

"I'm going to the cafe, anyone want anything?" Minerva asked them, they all shock their head soberly.

Minerva walked out of the ward, wiping the tears from her eyes that formed there often. On her way down the stairs to the cafe Minerva felt a sharp pain in her stomach, as she doubled over in pain she lost her footing, Minerva tumbled down the stairs and crashed to the bottom, unconscious.