Poison, Taint, Corrupt

Chapter Thirty-six

Poison, taint, corrupt

-This post was so funny, keep it coming girls!- Geeky101

-The cat in the doorway joke killed me! Ohmygawd you have to post again soon- SnowflakesPathway23

-POST FOR GOD SAKE ITS BEEN A WEEK- AngryMushroomx123

Leaning over Colette's shoulder as she scrolled through the blog comments I giggled rolling my eyes.

"Angry Mushroom- no Shiz" Colette mumbled slamming her laptop shut.

"We need to post again" I said reaching over to my bed to grab my jacket before deciding against it, it didn't look too cold outside.  "we're slacking- hardcore"

Colette sighed leaning her head back on bedpost "I know" she gave me a sidewards glance "where are you going?"

I smirked "I have a library date with Davie"

"Ooh sexy" She said "try not to enjoy yourself to much"

"Oh try not to be to jealous Colette" I quipped back running my fingers quickly through my tangled mess of hair.

"How long you going to be?"

"I shouldn't be too long" I frowned "hopefully"

I grabbed my textbooks from under my bed and my spotted pencil case with it- this was a study date after all.

"Well see you later" I muttered reaching down to open the door and holding it open with my foot "Call me if Mrs-You-Know-Who shows up after all"

"Oh trust me I will" Colette sighed "I'll be yelling all the way down to the library if she shows up"

Mrs-You-Know-Who being Abigail I laughed. She still hadn't made herself known these pass few days, I'm starting to wonder whether she ever is coming back. I haven't spoken to Nathan so I wouldn't know for sure.

"See you" I sang before letting the door slam shut behind me and making my way down to Davies dorm, because after all these weeks- nearly a month here- I still didn't know where the library was. So Davie's my tour guide tonight I guess. I how he's going to love this.

~

Standing in front of Davies dorm room I was greeted with Anthony. You could tell he had just got out of the shower because-

A. His hair was wet.

And B. The only thing that stopped him from being totally naked right now was a towel that hung loosely around his waist. Literally.

"Good afternoon Lala" Anthony said leaning against the doorframe of his dorm.

My eyes were wondering and Anthony could tell- and boy was he enjoying it. The idiot.

I folded my arms "Where's Davie?"

He pouted looking hurt "and here I was thinking you came here looking for me- oh Lailah you do know how to make a man feel worthless"

I rolled my eyes leaning past to call for Davie- he responded with a muffled "give me a moment"

I turned back to Anthony an annoyed look overtaking my features.

Anthony laid a hand on his stomach for a second as of trying to empathize the fact he worked out- trust me I could tell "So sugar-bug what you and Davie doing tonight?"

Ignoring his new nickname- I mean seriously sugar-bug what does that even mean?- I said shortly "Library"

Anthony looked puzzled "This school has a Library?"

"Oh you two are idiots" Davie said appearing behind Anthony with a stack of study books pilled up under his chin "Of course we have a library"

"You know what-" Anthony said spinning round to Davie with a red hot gaze "I hate the way you talk down to me"

"Oh god" I muttered rolling my eyes. I just wanting to go already and not deal with one of their trivial fights, it always ends in tears.

"No I'm serious Lailah" Anthony said giving me a serious look "Davie always goes around thinking he's better than everyone one else and I'm sick of it"

Davie starred at Anthony an unimpressed look coursed his face before speaking clearly "Go put some clothes on Ant, you and Lailah are never going to happen"

Well that hit a nerve. Anthony looked like he was about to attack Davie but he seemed unfazed.

So I was the one pulling him away "Ohhkay" I said "let's go Davie"

Anthony didn't respond when I said goodbye instead made the "I'm watching you motion" to Davie with his hand instead.

~

The library was nothing special, small and compact I would of expected better from De Lutha Academy. Nether less Davie adored it putting aside half an hour of our study time to take me on a full in detail tour. I didn't even know there where that many sections in a library- my favorite being VAMPIRE TEEN ROMANCE. I mean seriously?

I paused as we passed the language section of the library.

French, German, Italian, Spanish, Latin.

Moving forward my eyes skimmed the section- I barely new any Latin apart from the time Grandad tried to teach me but that was a failing disaster. Brushing my hand over the old books- there were only a couple new books sitting with them.

Looking behind me I realized I had lost Davie and it took me no time at all to reach for the Latin to English translate dictionary.

Skimming through the pages I was doubting I'd ever find it after all I didn't even know how to spell it. Hell they might not even be Latin-

My eyes fell to the page the spelling close to what I had imagined.

Inficio Infeci Infectum

The Latin Phrase Inficio Infeci Infectum has many meanings, mainly: to poison, taint, corrupt.

Poison?

Taint?

Corrupt?

My grandad thinks I'm poison? Tainted and corrupt? My stomach makes a nervous flip in my stomach and I couldn't help feel sick.

No.

I'm not poison, I have not been tainted. There is no way in hell I'm corrupt. Grandad's got it wrong.

It was just a dream.

My grandad loves me. It was just a stupid dream, since when did I listen to my dreams anyway?

He got it wrong.

I'm Purus.

I'm pure.

I am ...

******************************************

Thank you for reading the new chapter guys!

How was it?

A pure vampire mate huh?

xx