The English Teacher

Chapter Three

The English Teacher

The next day me and Colette were up at half past six, a time in which I have never been up before in my life and let me tell you it wasn't nice especially with our late night yesterday. Due to the blog I don't think we got to bed until midnight, no wonder I had trouble keeping my eyes open. Colette had a struggle getting me out of bed but in the end she pulled me out by my legs and I landed on the cold wood flooring with a plonk.

As I picked up my toiletries for the bathroom I noticed it was still pitch dark outside, the faint moon still appeared in the distance which was confusing so I kept asking Colette if she had got the time wrong as we stood in line for the bathroom.

My shower was cold and rushed as I spent most of the time trying to figure out which was the hot and cold dials and with other girls waiting I thought it would be rude to spend too much time. It was a tight and awkward squeeze in the long narrow bathroom and I felt as though everyone was incredibly awkward, I made a vow to myself to now shower in the evenings instead.

I even brushed my teeth next to a ginger girl in an orange monkey onesie, that I envied ever so slightly.

"Over twenty views on our blog Lailah I say that's unbelievable!" Colette cheered checking her phone for the hundredth time today, as she struggles on her cardigan.

We were back in my dorm and I was tying my hair in a high ponytail in front of the mirror hidden inside the wardrobe door, which I only discovered this morning otherwise I would have been mirror-less which would have been a real disaster.

It's only been one day since we uploaded our blog and like Colette said we have had twenty views and even one comment "ChloeDaysBananaHead said- This blog has real potential. I mean how AMAZING is that?"

"It is pretty amazing" I nodded agreeing with her letting myself smile despite my drearily tired self "did you respond to her?"

Colette shook her head throwing her phone to me from the end of the room where she's at the desk packing her school bag "No I'm too scared what would I say?"

"You'd say this" I said unlocking her phone and opening up our blog page

DM ChloeDays76- Hello, thank you for commenting on our Blog :) Hope you stick with us for a few more posts xx C.S & L.M

"There see, all done" I said throwing the phone back to Colette who urgently reads my response message to Chloe

Colette sniffed "I would have thanked her a few more times than that Lailah"

"Why?" I asked "all she did was comment"

Colette wrinkled her nose "but she was our first comment which counts for everything!" I gave a look that I hope shows confusion "when we look back on this blog in a few years we'll think oh yeah Chloe Days was our first ever comment on our first ever blog post, wow what a big support she was!"

"Colette we're not even-" I started but Colette cut me of raising her hand in a gesture that told me to shut up.

"Lala don't put a downer on things let me just enjoy this moment" Colette said while closing her eyes as if she really was savoring the moment.

"Did you just call me Lala?" I questioned not sure of this nickname.

Colette opens her eyes and just giggles in response hiking her school bag over her shoulder "we're going to be late for breakfast are you ready?"

I sling my bag over my shoulder and follow her outside.

Colette and I arrived only five minutes late to breakfast which was convenient as there was no breakfast line. After we got our food however, we soon realized that all the seats were taken.