two

The rest of Harry's school day had been uneventful, as they often are. Now, he could be found lying on his bed with a laptop dangerously close to the edge. It's a wonder how he hasn't broken it yet, with the number of times the machine had decided to take a tumble.

Though he had only been assigned the English project today, Harry was looking at countless articles about mental health classes, and teenage mental health.

A buzz vibrated across the bed ass Harry received a text from one his many wonderful friends. Well, either that or his only friend Liam. As his arm darted out to grab the phone, his hand caught the side of his laptop, sending the device into yet another famous nosedive.

Harry ignored the computer on the ground and grabbed his phone seeing that the text was indeed from Liam.

'harry wanna come over to mine?'

Harry smiled as he read the text and quickly replied with a confirmation. He hadn't seen his best friend all day except for that short conversation they had about the mysterious boy in English.

The teen could use a little cheering up after filling his mind with facts about various mental illnesses. He swung his long legs off his bed, but only managed to take three steps before tripping over the laptop he neglected on the floor.

"Son of a-" Harry mumbled a swear as he pulled himself off the floor. He went straight to the door, not bothering to clean up the mess of his room that he made. Harry was never one to learn from his mistakes.

~

Liam's house was only a short distance away from his own, but Harry still walked at a very brisk pace. Well, it was more of a very slow run, but brisk pace sounded cooler.

His best friend didn't do more than raise an eyebrow when Harry walked in an plopped his bum on the couch without a word.

"Something got you down?" Liam asked and sat beside harry on the couch.

"Not really, I was just doing research for English. I need a break." Harry walked over to the television and untangled the wires that connected to the numerous game consoles that Liam owned.

"I thought you loved English." Liam watched his friend's fingers comb through the wires, and cringed when he created yet another knot.

"I do, it's just hard to read articles about sad people. And it's not like my partner's going to do anything anyways." Harry threw the wires down with a frustrated sigh. "What the hell mate, can you actually organise these once in a while?"

Liam walked over to the consoles and raised his eyebrows at his older friend as he untangled them easily. "Who's your partner anyways?"

"Louis Tomlinson"

"Is that why you were asking about him earlier?" Liam hooked the controllers up and handed Harry one of them.

"Yea." It wasn't technically a lie. Harry was curious about who his English partner was, but it wasn't exactly truthful either.

To be honest, he wasn't thinking about the assignment when he asked Liam about the boy earlier. Harry was just drawn in by the mysterious boy who was failing English.

~

"There's no way that was a good shot!" Harry threw himself into the back cushions of the couch as he stared at a 'You're Dead' screen on the television. "Even if it was, you cheated!"

"How could I have cheated? We're playing the same game!" Liam tried to sound offended, but it was hard with laughs interrupting between every word.