ten

Harry was standing outside the school, waiting for Louis to show up. He had texted the younger boy to meet him outside the English doors, where Harry was currently standing. A good amount of time had passed since the bell had rung, but there was no sign of Louis anywhere.

Harry anxiously checked his phone for the hundredth time that minute. He expected something to pop up even though his phone was on vibrate, and he felt absolutely nothing. The corners of his mouth dropped when he saw only the time lit up across the small screen.

"Expecting something?" The voice was calm, but Harry jumped at how loud it was behind his ear. He turned around and saw Louis standing in the doorframe, holding open the heavy door with his body. The shorter boy wore a curious smirk, but Harry didn't fail to realize the way his fingertips fidgetted with his sweater sleeves.

"Nobody but you love." It was surprising how smooth his voice was, especially with the way that Harry felt at the moment. His heart fluttered as the grin on Louis' face only got bigger with each word Harry spoke.

"So do you live far or...?" Louis started, letting his voice trail off with the light breeze.

"No, it's super close. I just walk." Harry started walking left out of the school. "Let's go!"

The two boys walked in silence. It was only halfway to Harry's house when words were muttered, breaking the not-quite comfortable silence.

"Are you ready for the debate?" Harry almost didn't hear Louis' voice. It was quiet, cautious almost. The younger boy almost seemed like he was embarrassed to speak. Harry took a break from kicking the small pebble on the sidewalk to look at Louis' face. He blushed and looked away quickly.

Harry was almost disappointed that the other boy only wanted to talk about school. He didn't know why he expected more, but he thought he had developed a connection with Louis throughout the past week. Well, except for when he got manipulated by his girlfriend and broke his heart. The thought made Harry frown hugely.

"Harry?"

"Uh yeah, I mean, I think so?" Harry wasn't quite sure what the question was, but his answer was pretty universal. Louis shrugged and wrinkles forms by his eyes as he smiled lightly, so he could only figure that he had said the right thing.

"You'll do fine I'm sure." Louis flashed another smile. He sure was smiley today.

"We will do fine." Harry didn't like the way Louis make it sound like he was doing this alone. Obviously, Louis was going to go up there with him and absolutely kill it.

Another kick of the pebble, and the small stone landed on the layered bricks that lined Harry's driveway. He walked up the sloped surface and turned back to make sure the other boy was still following behind him. Louis was making his way up the driveway, turning his head to take in the surroundings. In a way, it was pretty adorable.

Harry stuck his key into the keyhole, twisting it to the right to click the door open. He held his breath, hoping that his parents weren't home. Apparently, his prayers were answered because the house was undisturbed from this morning, and there was a lack of keys dangling from the key box.

~

The pair settled down in Harry's messy room, which Harry apologized for over and over again. They soon realized there was nothing much else they could do for their debate. Harry just had to write his essay, but quite frankly, he was too lazy to do it at the moment.

"So Mr Tomlinson. I don't know much about you," Harry mocked a formal voice. He squinted his eyes slightly to look at Louis. "If that is your real name."