nine

Harry hated waking up on Tuesdays. It was just such an ugly time of the week. The burn of his eyes and cheeks brought back the 'situation' he had last night. He would have to confront Louis again today. A scary thought that made him a little bit excited.

He sighed as his alarm went off just a couple minutes after he had wakened up. He had been doing that lately, waking up a few minutes before his alarm. It could be said that Harry was just extremely self-aware, but he knew that was definitely not the case. He couldn't even tell his right foot from his left most of the times.

As usual, the cold air hit his feet as soon as they escaped from the heavy blanket Harry liked to keep on his bed. It made him sad to get out of bed. Sometimes Harry just liked to lie awake in bed, not because he couldn't sleep, but he just enjoyed appreciating how comfortable the bed was underneath him.

Sometimes he would think about how tired he was at night. At times, he just wanted to sleep and Harry would be so thankful that it was nighttime, and he was fully permitted to sleep for the next seven hours. Unfortunately, that feeling doesn't happen on mornings.

Harry walked his way to the bathroom, aware of the fact this his legs were dragging behind him. He wasn't quite fully awake yet. It only took one look in the mirror to see puffy eyes. His eyelids were all swollen up, messing up his natural folds. There was no way he could go out in public like that.

He almost falls asleep on his feet with a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. He let the sink run cold water while rinsing his face in a hopeful attempt to get the swelling down. To Harry's dismay, the water did nothing.

Harry made his way down the stairs, frowning when it was eerily quiet. His parents didn't seem to be home, which was a good thing of course. He honestly didn't like his parents very much at this point.

Harry stubbed his toe on the last step of the staircase. The famous last step. Honestly though, how does someone stub their toe going down the stairs? Up? That's understandable but, down? That's ridiculous. Harry was quite angry at his toe.

After caressing his injured stub, Harry swung around the corner to the kitchen, immediately focusing his gaze on the cold marble table. The large room was empty, but Harry especially noticed the lack of a certain person sitting at the head of the marble slab. This confirms that his parents are indeed gone.

He didn't bother making anything too special for breakfast, just a muffin and some yoghurt. Harry opened the freezer and took out some frozen peas, holding them to his eye. He bit the top of his muffin as he skipped around the kitchen.

Now that the fatigue had worn out, Harry felt unusually happy. He pranced around the kitchen with one hand on some peas, and the other with a muffin. The swelling of his eyes went down, and he walked out the door, ready for his day.

~

As Harry walked into school, his stomach dropped as he realized that he never responded to the text Louis had sent. Judging by the way Harry reacted last night, he couldn't even imagine how Louis was feeling.

He wasn't early to school today. He needed to wait for the swelling in his eyes to go down, which took a long while. Unfortunately, that also meant that he couldn't see Louis' cute little hat before school started.

Instead of going right to his locker, Harry went to English, already having his notes in his bag. Besides, he could always stop by his locker between classes to pick up more books if he really needed them.

Harry popped his head right into English class, seeing the majority of his class already present in the spacious room. He plopped down into his rightful seat. For some reason, Harry was feeling especially nostalgic. Maybe it was his happiness he was feeling, but now it was all nostalgia. Not even real nostalgia, just Harry thinking about his future nostalgia... which didn't even make sense.