twenty-four

Friday had gone by super fast and suddenly, it was the weekend already. Harry hadn't talked to Louis much during the week, only speaking about English, and having awkward small talk. He saw the boy many times, but he was just itching to have a real conversation. He wanted to make sure he really knew what Louis saw. 

He fidgeted with his phone in his hands, contemplating what he should message the boy. He probably tried a hundred different versions of the same text before realizing that it would probably be better to see the boy in person.

'can you meet me at the park in 30?'

Harry's phone was only put down for a second before it buzzed.

'what park? why?'

'you know? the park'

'oh okay, why?'

Harry smiled, happy that Louis knew where he was talking about. He quickly replied.

'I just want to see you :)'

Harry typed across his phone, adding the smiley face for good measure. He felt his phone buzz again but ignored it. He knew it was most likely a confirmation from Louis that he didn't need to read. Harry had to get ready. He should have chosen a later time, thinking about it. He was still in his pyjamas, and he hadn't eaten lunch yet. It was already half past one, so he needed to be there at two. Harry needed to look presentable in under half an hour, and he was currently lying in bed like a slob. 

"Frack," Harry cursed softly to himself when his blanket managed to tangle around his ankle, effectively faceplanting him when he tried to get out of bed. He picked himself up off the floor, blanket still attached to his foot, and kicked his foot back and forth. The blanket didn't untangle itself, but instead just trailed after his foot, hovering in the air. He planted his foot back on the ground, trying to step over the blanket to get the other end. He somehow managed to trip over himself again.

"Ah, fricken hell," Harry cursed, landing on his butt with a thump. He sat on the floor, glaring at his long and useless limbs. Stupid legs can't get him places in life.

Harry checked the time quickly. Realizing he had wasted five minutes falling over, he somehow got the blanket off his foot and back onto his bed, rushing his way to his closet. He put on a thick tan knit sweater and a pair of jeans, keeping in mind the chilly, late-October weather.

He checked his phone again, making sure he was on time. It had been about ten minutes, which left twenty to go. Harry would give about five minutes to walk there, so that leaves him with about fifteen minutes to eat lunch. That was enough to make a sandwich or something quick. 

Harry walked downstairs. All was going in until he reached the famous last step of his staircase. He tripped but didn't fall. Instead, he stumbled forward and stubbed all his toes. 

"Shit," He murmured looking in the mirror. His hair was dishevelled and messy, and his toes had a sharp ache going on. He was really having quite a rough time trying to get to the park.

Harry stumbled around his kitchen, grabbing ingredients and slathering them on bread, trying to make anything that resembled a sandwich. He laid out a row of bread and raided his fridge and pantry, spreading and added different sauces and toppings. 

He wrapped up the meal and put them in a small bookbag, knowing that he didn't have time to eat. He checked his phone again for the time and bit his lip. He only left himself four minutes to get out of the house and to the park. 

Harry ran to the door, grabbing a scarf on his way out. He shut it behind him, cursing again when the scarf got stuck in the door. It really wasn't his day.