before

Harry is sad. Louis is sadder.

Harry is starting his junior year. He's popular, sporty, and almost smart. Louis spends all his time in the English room, yet somehow he's failing English. Harry watches the boy from a distance, bothered by the fact that he wears an abundance of long sleeves, and lacks a smile.

Legend goes that Harry came out sad. But that's just one story. Some say it's a result of what happened in his freshman year. Others swear he was the happiest in his 9th-grade class. All Harry knows is that he isn't allowed to be sad. He grew up smart, and he grew up pretty; and if you're smart and pretty, you're not allowed to be sad. Or so that's what his parents say.

It goes in circles really. Harry convinces himself that he has a perfect life. His girlfriend's beautiful, his soccer team goes undefeated, and his best friend is an idiot... in a cool way. All this, but somehow, eventually, he'll find himself sitting against his bedroom door, wondering where it all went wrong. Then, in come his parents to tell him that he's being a brat, that he'll never survive the real world. So Harry sucks it up and admits the mistakes he didn't make. And the circle finds itself again, back at Harry's perfect life.

tw. self-harm, mentions of abuse. (Could be more, ill see.)

If you notice that Lous is younger than Harry, I don't know how it happened, but it just happened and that the way it's going to be.