Part Two; Chapter 24

Chapter 24;Part 2

I wake up that morning to a hangover.

"What happened?", I ask Quart.

"You down three glasses of wine and almost confessed to having a Death Note.", he says.

"Ugh.", I say, litterly sliding off the bed. I walk to the bathroom and look in the mirror. I see myself with dark circles under my eyes. My hair color is starting to fade make to it's natural brown color.

I walk downstairs to see Matt and Mello sitting in the couches looking at the tv, probably playing a game. "Where's L?", I ask.

"He and Near went to the bakery and got some sweets." Mello tells me. I lay on the couch beside Matt and curl up into a ball.

"I feel terrible."

"You look terrible." Matt says.

I kick his arm so he drops the controller and falls off a road in Mario Kart.

"NOOOOOO!"

I laugh as Lawliet and Near walk through the door with bags of sweets and coffee. "Sweets for Mello and I and coffee for Neir, Matt and Ashley." Ryuzaki says, setting everything down. The boys sit their games down on pause and we walk over. Mello grabs a bunch of chocolate from a bag and sits back on the couch. Neir and Matt grab their coffee and sit in front of the TV. I stand beside Lawliet, drinking my coffee while he eats candy after candy.

"Are you okay?" he asks me. I nod, taking a sip of my coffee.

"You were pretty drunk last night." he says. I nod in agreement.

"When I was bringing you to your room, you were trying to seduce me using your slurred speach." he laughs.

"And is that good or bad?" I ask.

"A bit of both."

I smile at him and he smiles back.

He turns and presses his warm lips to mine. He kisses me softly.

"Get a room." Near mutters.

Mello and Matt bust out in laughter.

He pulls away about an inch or two and raises his eyebrow. "Do we make them go to another room?"

"Of course."

I laugh at his comment and side beside Near on the floor. I lay back and my phone rings. I dig it out my pocket and answer.

"Hey Ash!" my brothers voice says.

"Hey."

"Kayley and I wanted to know if you would want to go out with us. Just walk around and stuff."

"Sure! What time should I meet you?"

"Is the café in two hours fine?" he asks.

"Sure. It's just around the corner from where I'm currently at." I tell him.

"Bye."

"Who was that?", Matt asks.

"My brother and sister. I'm meeting them in a while.", I say.

He nods and I walk upstairs to get ready.

I put on my makeup and change into 'cute' dress with sandals then write in the death note for a few minutes in the bathroom. The cameras in the rooms have been removed by Watari after Light's death and Misa's exile.

"You're playing a dangerous game.", Quart says.

"I know. That's why I'm planning to quit this game."