Chapter Twenty-Three

"Light, you are under arrest." Mr. Yagami said, facing a surprised Light.

"Light, no!" Misa yelled in protest, I grabbed her before she could go anywhere.

The task force lined themselves up around Light, pointing their guns at him. He was caught. He was Kira. Justice was taking action, even without L to lead them, they had managed to capture Kira.

I hand Misa to Matsuda and walk to Light.

"I've never liked you. You were a selfish, lying bastard who was a sadist and wanted to chance the world. You are cold and heartless and unforgiving. You made Rem kill Ryuzaki to protect the Misa she cared about the you didn't love. You nearly let your father die, you nearly killed all of us! You were asking for a death wish by be Kira! I hate you for everything. I hate you for kissing me, I hate you for cutting me." Tears swell in my eyes. "I hate you for killing Ryuzaki. I HATE YOU!"

"I'm so sorry." An empty voice says from upstairs.

I look up, allowing myself to because of of the familiar voice.

It was L, Ryuzaki, Lawliet, it didn't matter what his name was. It was him.

"We could have been friends, Light." Ryuzaki continues, slowly coming down the stairs with Watari trailing behind him along with Matt and Mello.

"Ryuzaki, y-your still..." Light whispers, shocked. "But how?"

Near also has a surprised look on his face.

He then turned to Misa.

"The notebook is fake! How could you betray me like that?!"

"What? I didn't betray you, Light, I promise!" Misa exclaimed.

"Misa Amane didn't betray you, I just never expected you to use the shinigami." Ryuzaki said, holding up another black notebook. "This is the real one, this is the one Misa dug up."

"When did you switch the notebooks?" Light asks.

"Every criminal I wrote died!" Misa yells.

"Only on the first day. That's when I confirmed finally that you are the second Kira. And that the 13 day rule was a fake." Ryuzaki explained. "Watari had them switched the second day. We watched her very carefully, and had the deaths covered on the news channels as if Kira had indeed returned as resumed killing. See the problem was that we still had no evidence proving that you were Kira. Bravo Light, you never gave us an inch."

By now, Ryuzaki had come down the stairs and was now sitting on the couch in his usual crouch position like Near also did. "Light Yagami. There is a 100% chance that you are Kira."

He then grabbed his watch on his wrist, but Matsuda shot it with his gun, sending it flying over to the other side of the room.

Light went for it, but Matusda shot again, hitting Light in the leg, causing him to fall over.

"Light! No!" Misa protested, trying to escape Aizawa's grip.

"That's a piece of the death note, isn't it?" Ryuzaki asked. "You had it hidden on you. That's it then, this case is solved."

Light lifted himself off the ground, and began laughing.

"That's right, I really am Kira. I am the God of this new world."

"No your not, your just a pathetic murderer. And this notebook here-" Ryuzaki says, holding up the death note with his two fingers. "Is the deadliest weapon on the whole planet."