Tutoring Mr. Player Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I smooth my tidy black hair over my shoulders and pull down my skirt as I walk through the hallways to the principals office. I have absolutely  no clue why I was going there and it gave me a pang of anxiety to be called there on such short notice. Usually when I was called to the principal, it was because they were rewarding me for some special achievement I had made, or winning a medal. But this time I had an awful feeling in my gut that I hadn't won any awards.

     I sit in a plastic flourescent orange chair outside of the principals office. Mrs. Johnson smiles at me politely from behind her desk. She's tidying up her desk, she straightens her nametag before answering the ringing phone on her desk.

     I try not to think of all the things that could go absolutely wrong on this expedition to the principals office, but my mind can't help but wander, since I have nothing to preoccupy me. Suddenly the door to the principal's opens. And a balding middle aged man pokes his head out of his office.
      "Well Ms. Harris!" The principal says jollily, "Come one in!" I follow smoothing out the pleats in my skirt. I sit down in the leather chair positioned in front of his desk. No doubt many parents have sat here before under the threatining stare of the principal. "So glad you could make it!" Mr. Happy is our principal- quite ironic isn't t?- He's a balding middle aged man who is short and has a belly that bulges out from his pants. He reminds me a lot of Santa Claus. Because his cheeks and nose are always rosy and his belly jiggles like a bowl fully of jelly when he laughs.

     I smile pleasantly at him. "I'm quite glad I had the time to speak with you today!"

     "Yes, I must admit I'm curious as to why you brought me down here today....?" I trail off confused.

      He must see the look of worry on my face because he laughs and simply says. "Oh you think you're in trouble?" He takes a sip from a coffee mug sitting on his desk which reads 'WORLDS BEST DAD!"

   "No, no my dear exactly the opposite." He says, "I was actually wondering, since you are the top of the class." He says this smugly like a proud parent, "I was wondering if I could bother you to take the time out of your day to tutor someone after school." I am instantly relieved.

     "Yeah tutoring would be absolutely no problem." I say with a relaxed smile, I'm much less tense now that I know what he needs.

      "Now the student you're tutoring has a lot of potential, he's just not using it to it's fullest." He takes another sip. "And I fear that if you cannot help him, no one can and he may have to repeat senior year which would not be pleasant." Mr. Happy grimaces.

    "I'm sorry, who am I tutoring exactly?" I ask him. There's a long waity pause, I can tell he's been avoiding this.

     "Preston Falcnor." He says. I immediately go into shock. He wants me to tutor Preston Falcnor the most popular boy at our school?

     "Now I know he might not be the most responsible of your peers, but I truly have high expectations for him now that you're tutoring him." He says happily. I'm still shocked into silence. Mr. Happy expression grows uneasy."Are you sure you're okay to tutor him? I'm not going to force it upon you but it really would help." He says earnestly folding his hands together on his desk.

      I snap out of it. "Of c-course." I stumble. "I'm perfectly fine with it." Even though I'm far from fine with it.

    He smiles. "I knew you wouldn't let me down Ms. Harris!" He says gleefully. "Now I'll write you a pass so you can be excused from being tardy." He scrawls something down on a piece of yellow paper. "Now off to class." I get up and I am about to walk out of the door when he says one last thing.

"And Autumn?" He says I turn to look at him, "One last thing," he says, "You start after school today."

******
HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED MORE WILL BE UP SOON IF YOU VOTE AND COMMENT :) THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING :) <3 and the cover was made by the wonderful LaLauren whom I dedicated this chapter to :) Thanks a lot!!!