Prologue

Joseph glanced up from the folder in his hand to stare at the woman sitting across from him in the office

At some point during going through documents she had removed her shoes leaving her feet clad only in stockings. She had also removed her jacket as well. Her white blouse was stretched across her very well-rounded chest teasing him each time his eyes drifted to that area.

A certain area of his body stirred with interest causing him to shift in his seat and adjust his pants.

Each day working alongside her was becoming more and more torturous for him. It also irritated him that she seems to want nothing to do with him outside his case.

Each time he tried to start a conversation she had been nothing but cool and closed off, looking down her perfect petite nose at him.

As he looked back at her his eyes narrowed as he saw her cheeks clenched and lips pursed in a thin line. He realized she had been aware of his open scrutiny the whole time. Yet she had chosen to ignore him.

Stubborn woman.

Deciding it was up to him to make the first move he placed the folder on the seat next to him and got up.

He removed his own jacket and tie and loosened a few buttons. He threw the items on the chair he had just vacated and then lifted his hands and stretched. He was well aware that the move would cause his shirt to stretch across his muscular chest.

Without looking at her he could feel her watching him. He smirked and dropped his hands as he glanced at her. She quickly looked back at the file in her hands and he felt his smirk go up a notch.

He walked around to the back of the chair she sat in and pretended to be interested in the document in her hand. He bent close enough to get a sniff of her delicate lavender smell. His face almost brushed against her hair.

His fingers itched to remove the clip that held her hair in a tight school-teacher-like bun. The updo made her seem way too uptight. He needed her relaxed and open. As he bent close she moved forward away from him so she could reach for another folder. He knew the move was deliberate just like he knew she was well aware of what he was doing, or at least trying to do.

"We've been working for a while now, shouldn't we be taking a break right about now? " he asked her.

"You're free to do as you, please. I on the other hand have work to do," she replied in an even tone without looking at him.

Her attitude was meant to push him away but little did she know he took it as a challenge.

He walked over and sat next to her. He saw her body go tense as he leaned closer. She turned to him and he held her gaze in a challenge.

Ever so slowly he leaned closer and was pleased when she didn't move away. Just as he angled his head to steal a kiss her hand shot out and clamped over his mouth startling him.

"Remember this moment, it's as close as you'll ever get to kissing me," she said with a smirk.

To say he was surprised was putting it lightly.

He watched her get up and excuse herself to go use the restroom. He couldn't help staring at her curvaceous ass as she sauntered out of the room. When she reached the door she threw a smirk over her shoulder and he couldn't help grinning once she was out the door.

Challenge accepted.

****
Hey guys this is book 3 of the Walters series. I hope you enjoy!