Chapter 7

I found Cheshire under the tree by my pond curled up in Sasori's arms bawling her eyes out. It looked so cute because I didn't expect this side of Sasori. I looked at my friend in heartbreak as Sasori tried his best to calm her. I walked to them and Sasori looked up to me with some hurt in his eyes.

"Cheshire, come on..." I said softly to her.

She lifted her head up from Sasori's chest and nodded. Sasori gently unwrapped his arms from her and let her up but once he got up he picked Cheshire up bridal style as I held her hand. We walked into the house and everyone was staring at us.

"Everyone out now!" I said in a demanding voice.

They obeyed immediately and Sasori sat down on the couch then made Cheshire lay down. He put her head in his lap and stroked her hair. I sighed as I saw Cheshire drift off into sleep. I went to the kitchen and saw Hidan there.

"That is exactly why you don't speak of him..." I said to him softly.

I couldn't do anything. I then felt arms wrap around my shoulders and I looked to see Obito. He gave me a reassuring hug and I smiled at him. Hidan actually looked a bit sad. I sighed and headed to my room knowing Sasori had Chesh covered. I felt I was going to cry. I hate seeing my friend like this.

"Are you all right?" Obito asked me.

I just dropped onto my head face down into my pillows. I let out a muffled no and I felt the bed dip. I didn't even have to look to know it was him. He started to rub my back and I sighed into my pillow. I put my chin on my arms and felt some tears slide down my cheeks. I haven't seen her like this in a long time.

I sniffled and turned to Obito. He was looking away from me out the window that I forgot to close. He suddenly looked back to me and his eye widened at my tear stained face with fresh tears coming from my eyes. I looked away from him. I hated when people saw me cry.

"Are you really that hurt?" he asked me in a soft voice.

I just nodded as I silently cried.

"It reminds me of my own family before..." I said as I trailed off before I told him everything.

I didn't want him knowing then pitying me. I hated when people pitied me. All it did was make me feel weak and helpless. That's why I was always happy and bubbly and never got sad. I didn't want people to see that side of me.

"Before what?" he asked.

I was hoping he wouldn't ask that.

"I...I-I can't..." I said as more tears made their way down my face.

He unexpectedly hugged me.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you more..." he said softly. "You don't have to say anything."

I turned around and hugged him back as I cried. I nodded as I buried my head in his neck. It was then I found myself falling asleep realizing how tired I was. I felt Obito kiss my forehead then I drifted off into sleep.

I woke screaming. I flailed around as I felt someone hold me down. I heard my name being called but I couldn't wake up really. I just kept flailing around from the dream.

I was sobbing horribly, I knew I was but who wouldn't if they saw their family murdered in front of them then were getting chased after by a person with a knife.

I buried my nails deep into my hands and finally woke up. I sat up straight into Obito's arms. I sobbed as he held me in his arms. He lied down pulling me to him. I cried and cried until I couldn't anymore and my voice was hoarse. Obito still held me in his arms and I fell back to sleep once again.