five

"You think I'm fucking vanilla, do you?"

My lips fell open, but my lungs were malfunctioning as I found it hard to make out words, or even breathe.

Before I could say anything, he rolled his eyes, scoffed harshly, and backed away from me, opening Michael's door, entering, and slamming it shut in one quick movement.

I stood there in disbelief, trying to catch my breath.

How was that boy the same one that I saw earlier at the diner? Why didn't he act to me then like he did just now? How did he find out I said that?

My heart beat like a drumline, as I unlocked my door and quickly shut it,
and locked it, behind me.

There was no way I could go back over to Michael's tonight with Luke there.

Hell, if they were friends there was no way I would even be able to see Michael anymore, with the risk of Luke showing up.

I close the bathroom door and begin to take off my dirty work clothes, staring at myself in the mirror. I looked like I had seen a ghost.

My already pale skin seemed to become white, my lips fell a light pink, almost as if the blood had stopped rushing to them.

I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water run down my body.

How did Luke find out I said that about him? Did Mia tell Calum? Did he mistake me for someone else earlier?

So many thoughts ran through my brain, but they were suddenly interrupted by the thought of his large frame hovering over me. The way his eyes squinted with anger, his forehead crinkled.

Once again, I found myself imagining if he had pressed his lips into mine, the passion I would've tasted.

I stop myself from those thoughts, remembering that he swore at me, and completely embarrassed me. He did not deserve to get into my pants, even if it was just in my head.

Drying myself off, I check my phone to see a dozen texts and two missed calls from Mia. I instantly called her back.

"Eloise!" She screamed, picking up first ring, as I pulled the phone slightly away from my ear to refrain from her screaming making my ears bleed.

"What?"

"You have to come to Michael's tonight."

"What? The other day you were just bitching about-"

"Oh my god, El. I still could care less about him, it's just at his house,"

"And why do I need to be there?"

"I need a wing woman," She explained. "Like, bad. I can't get Calum to leave Ashton's side I swear they are like in love or something."

"I'm really not feeling it." I sigh, staring at my closet, hoping to settle on sweats and a hoodie, but knowing i'll end up pulling out a little black dress.

"Eloise you are my best fucking friend! It is your job to help me get laid!"

She always guilt tripped me into things I didn't want to do.

I was unsure of whether or not to ask about the Luke situation. If she was my best friend, you'd think that she would bring it up.

"Hello?!" She squawked.

"Fine, I'll go, but only if there's still booz."

"Yay! Oh my goodness of course! See ya in 10? Love ya!" Then she abruptly ended the phone call before I could change my mind.

Sometimes I wish that I could just make my own decisions.

I untye my bun, letting my dark waves fall to the middle of my back, and then slip on the dress. It hugged my curves well, and was sure to bring any guy home, but bringing someone home was the last thing on my mind, for once.

I strapped on my heels, and headed out the door.

Even though Michael's apartment was right next to mine, it felt miles away.

My feet grew heavier and heavier with each step, as I took a deep breath and opened the door.

To my suprise, there was quite a few people there. I had been nervous it would only be Michael, Ashton, Calum, Mia, and Luke, and avoiding him would be more difficult, but as I searched the room I couldn't even find him, and I felt bricks lifted off of me.

"El! C'mere!" I heard Mia call, as I searched for her black bob in the crowd. I found her on top of the kitchen counter, her arm wrapped around a boy with a neck tattoo.

As I walked over to her, she mouthed "Look at him!", and I already knew she had been drinking.

"Eloise, This is Sawyer."

My eyes met a pair of brown ones, as the Sawyer character gave me a small nod.

If Mia wanted to hookup with Calum so badly why was she draped over another guy?

"He wants to talk to you," Mia smirked, as I nodded in realization. He was my take-home.

Whenever Mia and I went out, the deal was, I played wing woman, as she already knew everyone at the party and had her eyes on someone, and she found me a decent looking boy to keep me company.

She unwrapped him from her embrace, and he walked over to me.

"Eloise? Nice name." He said, stuffing his hands in his blue jean pockets.

"Thanks," I replied dryly. "I need a drink."

We began to walk over to the living room, where a sea of people circled the table, all drunkingly arguing about politics and whatnot.

"Bro, I fucking voted for Ted Cruiz, who doesnt like fucking zodiacs," A boy shouted across the table, followed by choruses of laughter.

I grabbed a drink from the table, knowing Michael's house would be roofie-free, and quickly tipping it down my throat, letting the liquid burn on the way down.

"Impressive," Sawyer noted, as I felt myself annoyed with his presence.

I didn't want to be here.

I saw Mia jump off of the counter, while talking to Calum, and I made my way over to them, Sawyer following me like a lost puppy.

"You clean up nice!" Calum exclaimed, but he didn't mean it in a flirty way, he was just nice.

"Thanks," I smiled, finding it less hard to want to snip at Calum.

"Let's play pong!" Mia shouted, excitedly jumping in the air, and the four of us huddled around the pong table, waiting for the game at hand to finish.

There was probably half a dozen people surrounded the table, shouting and booing as if the pong match was a football game.

There was one cup left, and I felt my eyes glued to it. I couldn't seem to take them off of the cup for what felt like years.

The cheers began to turn into mumbles, as my eyes dragged from the cup that a ball had just fallen in, to the boy that threw it.

His smiled was bright, it was so bright it started to fill up my entire vision. The smile quickly faded, as my heart stopped, and blue eyes met mine, concerning, not happy.

And then everything went black.

.

.

.

i hope if people are reading still you are holding on!!!! you gotta have some good background to get to the good stuff i hate when stories jump right in!! i love you pls comment and vote and all of that it makes me sos sosos happy :) i've already wrote most of the next chap & its full of luke & ellie promise!!! :)