Chapter One

Kaya jolted awake, panting as she looked around the room. She sighed when she realized no one else was there. Kaya looked over at her phone and saw she had a voicemail from her Dad. She quickly picked it up and listened to it.

'Kaya, I'm going on a hunt in Minnesota. I think I may have found the thing that took your Mother. In the mean time, there's a another Hunt I need you to go on for me in Arizona. Call Bobby and he'll point you in the right direction and let you know what you're hunting. Um I love you, Kaya. Tell Kate that I love her too.'

The phone beeped, signaling that the message was done. She sighed and packed up her stuff and left, heading to Bobby's.

Kaya called Bobby ahead of time and let him know she was two hours out from his place.

~*~

Kaya pulled into his driveway and parked. Bobby walked outside and waved at her.

Kaya got out of her black 1967 Shelby Cobra gt500 and walked over to him.

"You alright, kid? You look like crap." Bobby said. Kaya sighed.

"Thanks, Bobby. That made me feel so much better." Kaya said and went to his fridge, grabbing a beer and popping the cap.

"Look, I know things are tough in your family, Kaya, but you know your Dad loves you. Kate does too." Bobby said.

"You know what, Bobby? We're not talking about this again. Just tell me about the case in Arizona. Where it's located, what I'm hunting." Kaya said and leaned against the counter.

Bobby shook his head and sighed.

"I'll tell you where it is if you ask Kate to go with you." Bobby said.

"Are you kidding me, Bobby?" Kaya asked him and he gave her a stern look. Kaya rolled her eyes. "Alright. Fine. I'll call you once I get to her place."

"You better. I'll be waiting for it." Bobby said. Kaya nodded to him.