Eight

Saturday, September 29th

I wasn’t expecting him to show up. I had been hoping, yes, but expecting, no. So the sight of him sitting there comfortably lounging back on the bleachers walking to the rest of the guys from our group was a very happy and reassuring surprise. He glanced up as we walked in and suddenly I felt defenseless. I was already dressed in my uniform, minus my shoes which I had hanging around my neck. I mentally perceived how revealing my uniform was. The tight fitting red sleeveless top and the black spandex short shorts. I had a perverse thought that he could very easily undress me with his deep onyx eyes… Dear God, why do I think these things…

My thoughts were interrupted as Sasuke bounded down the bleachers and sprinted across the court to us. Much to the dismay and yells of the people prepping it for our game. If any of his fan girls hadn’t been watching him before, they definitely were now.

“Hey Alexis! Mr. and Mrs. Renald! Rocky, Peter.”  He waved to us as he approached.

I swear the gym dropped 10 degrees and I get the feeling that any moment now I will drop dead from a dagger. Rochelle shivered next to me, “If looks could kill.” She chuckled nervously. I smiled and ruffled her hair a bit.

“Hey there Sasuke.” Nick held his hand out for him to shake. Mom hugged him tightly, Peter fist bumped, Rocky hi-fived, and he flicked me in the forehead and laughed. They all get a normal greeting and I am flicked in the forehead?

“What the hell?!” I was shocked by his sudden behavior.

“You better win today Miss Fellina.” Sasuke drawls, “This school you’re going up against are huge rivals of ours.” He smirked as he put his arm around my shoulder, “And I don’t attend losing games.”

“Whatever.” I shrug his arm off and start walking away. “I gotta go. See you guys after the game.”

“Good luck!” Everyone yells after me as they head to the stop Sasuke and the guys had claimed. I walk around the court, not across it. Stupid Sasuke. How rude… I enter the locker-room and the team was already there getting ready.

“Hey guys.” I sat down and changed into my court shoes.

TenTen came and sat down next to me. Her hair out of its usual two-bun style and into one rather long ponytail. “You excited?”

“Very. I’m ready to totally annihilate them.” I stand up and put my street shoes into my locker. “Sasuke says that our schools have a good old-fashioned rivalry going on.”

“Yes, for years. Senior pranks, stealing mascots the usual.” TenTen sighs, “You know, I was wondering why he was here, and I’m sure his fan girls were too.” She stands and links an arm with mine, “I guess now I know.” Before I have a chance to question her, or defend myself, she’s pulling me into line behind her calling to the other girls to fall in line by the door. First home game of the season. You bet we’re going into it with a bang! I smiled remembering yesterday. I had paid the guy in charge of music to play Kick Ass by Egypt Central and keep the heavier stuff playing throughout warm ups, even though it wasn’t very appropriate for school. Hope he doesn’t get in trouble…Oh well, this is going to be awesome!

We ran out as the singing started falling in. Cheering erupted in the stands. We approached our section of the bleachers, hear whistling, and calls. High school males, always disrespectful. We start warm-ups and as I was setter, I have time between setting up hits to observe the other team. They don’t outwardly seem like much, but that means absolutely nothing when you’re on the court. Take my back up for instance. She seems timid and shy, but once she gets up to the net, beware. I glance over at the sidelines to see her approaching.