Prologue

She stared blankly looking out the plane as it landed at the unfamiliar airport. Her mother finally married her boyfriend of over ten years and they had decided a change of scenery was best for their three children. Their new father had just been transferred to the San Francisco Police Department, and was assigned to a subdivision known as Konoha; which was near downtown San Fran. The man had been in her life thru every great milestone, transitioning from elementary school to junior high, then into high school. He would be there for her when she graduated at the end of this last year and when she moved onto college he would still be there to see her receive her degree in whatever career she chose. Right now she was in no hurry to decide. He was even there for her when she starting dating her first, only, and current boyfriend. Though she had misgivings on what the move would do to her already strained and struggling relationship, she was excited to be out of the small dying town where she grew up.

She had a different way of dressing and thinking. Most of the older generations were at once appalled by her manner of indifference, while at the same time proud of her good nature and honest way of acting. She was a tomboy on the outside, hiding a girly-girl interior. She hadn't let that part of her out since her grandfather had died five years ago. He had been her most important someone, and no-one, not even her new father; though she cherished him, could compare. Her boyfriend had only solidified her outward façade, by expressing his enjoyment in dark clothing. Tight fitting black cargo pants or dark jeans with a men's cut band t-shirt were staples in her closet. Along with black tennis shoes, sports shoes, not skater shoes. She never understood the appeal of skater shoes; they were far too uncomfortable for her, stupid teenage fad. She kept her naturally think and pale blonde hair long and straight. Her steel grey eyes hidden behind black thick-rimmed glasses.

She had convinced her parents to enroll her into a public school in the Konoha district instead of the private school that was in their neighborhood. Her father agreed to it because it was on his beat, her mother was happy with the academic success of the school, and she was happy because they had the best varsity volleyball team in the city. She had been on the varsity team at her old school since day one of her freshman year, and couldn't live without it.