TASK THREE: Good Morning Sunshine

"I felt so guilty about sending them home, how were you so at ease with it? Their faces..."

Calix wrung his hands nervously as the twins walked down to the dining room for the first official breakfast of the Selection. After sending home four girls- with much more difficulty than his sister had when sending five of her competitors packing- he was regretting it more than anything. While two of the girls had taken the news quite well, one burst into tears and the other begged him to reconsider. The only girl Calix had ever had to deal with was his sister and this left him completely out of his element with the 'crying' part.

"It's only going to get harder as you get more attached to these people. So that's why I'm not getting attached." Jessamine said decidedly as they lingered outside the dining room door, twirling a red curl on her finger as she looked at a crack in the ceiling.

"Not getting attached? I don't believe you. You must like some of them." Calix nudged his sister's shoulder and grinned impishly when she blushed scarlet, ducking her eyes and scowling at him behind her red curls.

"Shut up, you like them too. Let's just get this freak show over with..." Jessamine snapped cooly at him as she adjusted her tiara and opened the heavy door in front of them, stepping into the room and holding back her sigh as the Selected fell silent with the sight of them.

"Good morning everybody! Sierra is busy so let me tell you about the plan for today!" The princess put on her warmest smile as she glanced around the room at all the people that were here to become the next members of the royal family.

Freak show indeed...

~~~~~

After making it back to your room, you slept rather deeply and woke up groggily to your maids fussing over you about what you were to wear for breakfast with the royal family. While you tried not to fall asleep, they dressed you and did your hair and whatever else they needed to do to make you look impressive and then sent you on your way to the dining hall with the others. As you walked, you noticed the absence of four girls along with the five boys who had left the day before. Could you be the next person to go? It worried you as you went down to what could be your first and last breakfast in the castle...

YOUR TASK:

This one is rather simple.

Write the scene of your first breakfast with the other competitors. What do you think of them? Who do you like, who do you hate, who do you need to beat, who do you know you'll beat? Calix, Jessamine, and the King will be present (the Queen does not eat breakfast with the others). The other Selected are sizing you up: do you get involved with learning about them or do you spend your meal speaking to the royals? Be creative! Your entry can start anywhere from waking up on and must end with the end of breakfast.

This task is another one where characterization is big, as your 'tribute' will be in a room full of people. You don't have to talk to them but it is advised. You can make friends in this, allies are a good thing and enemies might be even better. And creativity is key. This is a simple task so letting yourself run completely wild with it might be bad, but still think outside the box.

WORD LIMIT: 900 words at the least (so more than that is fine, less than that is not).

Due Date: Friday May 16th, 2014 at 11pm GMT

Special Bonus: This is a two part one so listen up.

Anyone who does something during the breakfast that your tribute worries will get them kicked out (like spilling juice on the prince, spitting chewed up bread on the princess, tripping another Selected by accident, ect.) will receive +1 point.

The best one of these accidents (or on-purposes) will receive +3 points on their score.